The North Herts Women s Bowling Association played their first match of the season at Royston Bowls Club on Sunday. It was also the second match of their 60th anniversary season for opponents Letchworth and District Men s Bowling Association. President of
The North Herts Women's Bowling Association played their first match of the season at Royston Bowls Club on Sunday.
It was also the second match of their 60th anniversary season for opponents Letchworth and District Men's Bowling Association.
President of North Herts Women's Bowling Association, Diane Porter, and president of Letchworth and District Men's Bowling Association, Ron Adams, were welcomed to Royston.
The club's greens were handed over to the two visiting presidents for the afternoon by their president Eunice Dockree.
You may also want to watch:
It was an afternoon of presidents playing at Royston as also playing in the NHWBA team was Jenny Ralph, the president of the Herts County Women's Bowling Association.
Both teams of players enjoyed the beautiful sunny afternoon.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 6 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 7 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 8 Unbeaten run over but Alex Revell disappointed with manner of Salford defeat
- 9 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 10 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV
During the first half of the game three of the ladies' rinks forged ahead, putting their side in front by several shots.
However during the second half of the game the ladies lost some momentum and the match finished with them only winning on two rinks.
Rink six, skipped by Ralph, took the ladies' highest winning rink prize for winning by six shots, and rink three, skipped by Porter, came a close second for winning by five shots.
The biggest winners for the men were Norman Parke (Hitchin Town), John Devereux and Bob Ralph (Whitethorn) and skip Colin Wilson (Royston Town) who defeated the rink skipped by Shirley Houghton (Holwell) 27-18.
The result was an overall win for the Letchworth and District Men's Bowling Association by 123 shots to 101.
Other results (skips only): T Ware 21, Y Whitehouse 16; D Sheriff 20, D Porter 25; L Lane 21, G Calver 17; D Webb 19, A Graves 10; N Houghton 15, J Ralph 23.