Easter boxing show
The North Herts ABC are holding another open boxing show in Hitchin this weekend. It is at the Remix nightclub in Hermitage Road on Easter Sunday afternoon. Doors open at 12.30pm, with boxing due to start at 2pm. The entrance fee is £10 for adults, and £5
The North Herts ABC are holding another open boxing show in Hitchin this weekend.
It is at the Remix nightclub in Hermitage Road on Easter Sunday afternoon.
Doors open at 12.30pm, with boxing due to start at 2pm. The entrance fee is £10 for adults, and £5 for under-14s on the door.
There is another chance for new local talent to box against boys from as far away as Norfolk, Suffolk and South London.
You may also want to watch:
North Herts ABC founder Wayne Armstrong said: "As we are an expanding club, we need to buy new kit, equipment and also new canvas for the boxing ring for the boys.
"We are also looking for new major sponsors, as I fund the club solely out of my own pocket and this works out very expensive.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
"It is very difficult for me to obtain grants and funding as I run a commercial business."
If anyone would like to become a sponsor of the club, call Wayne on 01462 457296, or 07919 186529.
The club are also holding a fundraiser on Saturday, March 29, from 10am-2pm.
Pc Paul Reading is aiming to complete 50 two-minute rounds of sparring with members of North Herts ABC.
This event is being held at the Wayne Armstrong Boxing Gym in Station Approach in Hitchin.
The entrance fee is £5 adults, and £3 under-14s.
There will also be a barbecue and light refreshments to raise funds for equipment for the club.
Donations can be made to the above address.
Adults will pay £10 per two-minute round with Pc Reading, and £5 for under-14s.
Any parent who is interested in their child joining the boxing club can also attend on the day. Names are being taken for the Kid Gloves class for seven to 11 year olds which is being re-established.