Easter boxing show
The North Herts ABC are holding another open boxing show in Hitchin this weekend. It is at the Remix nightclub in Hermitage Road on Easter Sunday afternoon. Doors open at 12.30pm, with boxing due to start at 2pm. The entrance fee is £10 for adults, and £5
The North Herts ABC are holding another open boxing show in Hitchin this weekend.
It is at the Remix nightclub in Hermitage Road on Easter Sunday afternoon.
Doors open at 12.30pm, with boxing due to start at 2pm. The entrance fee is £10 for adults, and £5 for under-14s on the door.
There is another chance for new local talent to box against boys from as far away as Norfolk, Suffolk and South London.
North Herts ABC founder Wayne Armstrong said: "As we are an expanding club, we need to buy new kit, equipment and also new canvas for the boxing ring for the boys.
"We are also looking for new major sponsors, as I fund the club solely out of my own pocket and this works out very expensive.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 3 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 4 Neighbours set to host Jubilee street party in aid of hospice - and you can too!
- 5 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 6 Protesters 'selfish' as grandad struggles to attend life-saving care
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured after crash near Lister Hospital in Stevenage
- 8 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
- 9 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 10 Application submitted for multi-purpose events space on former bus station
"It is very difficult for me to obtain grants and funding as I run a commercial business."
If anyone would like to become a sponsor of the club, call Wayne on 01462 457296, or 07919 186529.
The club are also holding a fundraiser on Saturday, March 29, from 10am-2pm.
Pc Paul Reading is aiming to complete 50 two-minute rounds of sparring with members of North Herts ABC.
This event is being held at the Wayne Armstrong Boxing Gym in Station Approach in Hitchin.
The entrance fee is £5 adults, and £3 under-14s.
There will also be a barbecue and light refreshments to raise funds for equipment for the club.
Donations can be made to the above address.
Adults will pay £10 per two-minute round with Pc Reading, and £5 for under-14s.
Any parent who is interested in their child joining the boxing club can also attend on the day. Names are being taken for the Kid Gloves class for seven to 11 year olds which is being re-established.