Easter boxing show
The North Herts ABC are holding another open boxing show in Hitchin this weekend. It is at the Remix nightclub in Hermitage Road on Easter Sunday afternoon. Doors open at 12.30pm, with boxing due to start at 2pm. The entrance fee is £10 for adults, and £5
The North Herts ABC are holding another open boxing show in Hitchin this weekend.
It is at the Remix nightclub in Hermitage Road on Easter Sunday afternoon.
Doors open at 12.30pm, with boxing due to start at 2pm. The entrance fee is £10 for adults, and £5 for under-14s on the door.
There is another chance for new local talent to box against boys from as far away as Norfolk, Suffolk and South London.
You may also want to watch:
North Herts ABC founder Wayne Armstrong said: "As we are an expanding club, we need to buy new kit, equipment and also new canvas for the boxing ring for the boys.
"We are also looking for new major sponsors, as I fund the club solely out of my own pocket and this works out very expensive.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 3 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 4 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 5 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 6 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 7 Arson attack causes thousands of pounds worth of damage to rural Herts pub
- 8 Decision for development off Letchworth country lane deferred
- 9 Plan to transform Baldock pub in to block of six flats is approved
- 10 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
"It is very difficult for me to obtain grants and funding as I run a commercial business."
If anyone would like to become a sponsor of the club, call Wayne on 01462 457296, or 07919 186529.
The club are also holding a fundraiser on Saturday, March 29, from 10am-2pm.
Pc Paul Reading is aiming to complete 50 two-minute rounds of sparring with members of North Herts ABC.
This event is being held at the Wayne Armstrong Boxing Gym in Station Approach in Hitchin.
The entrance fee is £5 adults, and £3 under-14s.
There will also be a barbecue and light refreshments to raise funds for equipment for the club.
Donations can be made to the above address.
Adults will pay £10 per two-minute round with Pc Reading, and £5 for under-14s.
Any parent who is interested in their child joining the boxing club can also attend on the day. Names are being taken for the Kid Gloves class for seven to 11 year olds which is being re-established.