Eagles get off to a flyer
The Herts Senior County League began its new season on Saturday. It was a good start to the season for all the new teams but not for some of the older teams from Comet country. Baldock Town Letchworth, last season s Division One champions, started their n
The Herts Senior County League began its new season on Saturday.
It was a good start to the season for all the new teams but not for some of the older teams from Comet country.
Baldock Town Letchworth, last season's Division One champions, started their new season in the Premier League against the Aubrey Cup finalists, Bovingdon.
This was not going to be an easy game but Baldock came away with an impressive 3-0 victory with Mark Nunn opening the scoring in the 21st minute.
You may also want to watch:
This was followed by goals from Gareth Grant just after the half hour mark and then by Dave Rees two minutes from time.
Codicote started with a 3-1 win over Standon and Puckeridge.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 3 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 4 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 Stevenage and Jack Smith still aiming for strong finish to season despite Mansfield frustrations
In Division One, league newcomers Hitchin Town Arena were able to get a point against Hinton.
Another new team, Letchworth Garden City Eagles, were able to beat Croxley Guild 4-1 thanks to goals from Adrian Follano, Tony Samuels, Kelv and Lewis Adam. Dave Everitt also missed a penalty.
Kimpton Rovers also beat Old Parmiterians 2-1 but Bedwell Rangers went down to a 6-1 defeat against new boys Harpenden Rovers.