Eagles get off to a flyer
The Herts Senior County League began its new season on Saturday. It was a good start to the season for all the new teams but not for some of the older teams from Comet country. Baldock Town Letchworth, last season s Division One champions, started their n
The Herts Senior County League began its new season on Saturday.
It was a good start to the season for all the new teams but not for some of the older teams from Comet country.
Baldock Town Letchworth, last season's Division One champions, started their new season in the Premier League against the Aubrey Cup finalists, Bovingdon.
This was not going to be an easy game but Baldock came away with an impressive 3-0 victory with Mark Nunn opening the scoring in the 21st minute.
You may also want to watch:
This was followed by goals from Gareth Grant just after the half hour mark and then by Dave Rees two minutes from time.
Codicote started with a 3-1 win over Standon and Puckeridge.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 5 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
In Division One, league newcomers Hitchin Town Arena were able to get a point against Hinton.
Another new team, Letchworth Garden City Eagles, were able to beat Croxley Guild 4-1 thanks to goals from Adrian Follano, Tony Samuels, Kelv and Lewis Adam. Dave Everitt also missed a penalty.
Kimpton Rovers also beat Old Parmiterians 2-1 but Bedwell Rangers went down to a 6-1 defeat against new boys Harpenden Rovers.