Eagles flying high
The Eagles youth soccer teams from Letchworth Garden City are flying high. Their under-13s girls have reached the final of the Herts county cup on Sunday at the County Ground, Baldock Road (10.30am ko). So please go along and support the Letchworth girls
The Eagles youth soccer teams from Letchworth Garden City are flying high.
Their under-13s girls have reached the final of the Herts county cup on Sunday at the County Ground, Baldock Road (10.30am ko).
So please go along and support the Letchworth girls (shown top) on Mother's Day.
The under-11s clarets (shown centre) have also reached the Herts county cup final.
You may also want to watch:
They will be playing against Bushey Rangers on Sunday, March 25, also at the County Ground with a 10.30am kick-off.
The boys reached the final after a semi-final match against a plucky Wormley team who took the Eagles to a tense penalty shoot-out.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 8 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
The football club's girls' football development squad is now up and running thanks to a donation of £400 from Sainsbury's.
Meeting each Saturday at 1.30pm at their home ground, the girls' squad (shown below) is aimed at those youngsters who do not play regular football in organised leagues each week but would like to start playing.
Girls aged seven to 13 are invited to go along and join in. You will need boots and shinpads.
There is a small joining fee if you decide to come along on a regular basis.
The squads will also take part in some football festivals organised by the Herts FA. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call Terry on 01462 626692 or visit www.letchwortheagles.org.uk for more details.