Dun Cow suffer final heartache
DUN Cow suffered Herts Sunday Senior Cup final heartache for the second successive year. The Comet Stevenage Sunday League side went down 2-0 to Ashwell (pictured above) at the County Ground in Letchworth GC. Ashwell, from the Halls of Cambridge Sunday Le
DUN Cow suffered Herts Sunday Senior Cup final heartache for the second successive year.
The Comet Stevenage Sunday League side went down 2-0 to Ashwell (pictured above) at the County Ground in Letchworth GC.
Ashwell, from the Halls of Cambridge Sunday League, went ahead after 16 minutes as Nick Stillwell's long raking pass allowed Paul Lawrence to slip the ball beyond Ash Mawer.
Dun Cow were below par and rarely threatened an equaliser.
And their chances were further damaged by going down to 10 men when Ryan Jenner was red carded for his second bookable offence.
A deserved Ashwell triumph was sealed in the 90th minute from the penalty spot. Barry Dellar's shot was handled on the line by sub Mark E'Beyer who received a straight red card. Ashwell skipper Russell Kemp scored from the spot to send the Rose and Crown sponsored side into raptures.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 6 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 7 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 8 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 9 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
It was Dun Cow's fourth appearance in the final in five seasons but their only success was in 2004.