Dun Cow suffer final heartache
DUN Cow suffered Herts Sunday Senior Cup final heartache for the second successive year. The Comet Stevenage Sunday League side went down 2-0 to Ashwell (pictured above) at the County Ground in Letchworth GC. Ashwell, from the Halls of Cambridge Sunday Le
DUN Cow suffered Herts Sunday Senior Cup final heartache for the second successive year.
The Comet Stevenage Sunday League side went down 2-0 to Ashwell (pictured above) at the County Ground in Letchworth GC.
Ashwell, from the Halls of Cambridge Sunday League, went ahead after 16 minutes as Nick Stillwell's long raking pass allowed Paul Lawrence to slip the ball beyond Ash Mawer.
Dun Cow were below par and rarely threatened an equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
And their chances were further damaged by going down to 10 men when Ryan Jenner was red carded for his second bookable offence.
A deserved Ashwell triumph was sealed in the 90th minute from the penalty spot. Barry Dellar's shot was handled on the line by sub Mark E'Beyer who received a straight red card. Ashwell skipper Russell Kemp scored from the spot to send the Rose and Crown sponsored side into raptures.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 6 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 9 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
It was Dun Cow's fourth appearance in the final in five seasons but their only success was in 2004.