Dun Cow suffer final heartache
DUN Cow suffered Herts Sunday Senior Cup final heartache for the second successive year. The Comet Stevenage Sunday League side went down 2-0 to Ashwell (pictured above) at the County Ground in Letchworth GC. Ashwell, from the Halls of Cambridge Sunday Le
DUN Cow suffered Herts Sunday Senior Cup final heartache for the second successive year.
The Comet Stevenage Sunday League side went down 2-0 to Ashwell (pictured above) at the County Ground in Letchworth GC.
Ashwell, from the Halls of Cambridge Sunday League, went ahead after 16 minutes as Nick Stillwell's long raking pass allowed Paul Lawrence to slip the ball beyond Ash Mawer.
Dun Cow were below par and rarely threatened an equaliser.
And their chances were further damaged by going down to 10 men when Ryan Jenner was red carded for his second bookable offence.
A deserved Ashwell triumph was sealed in the 90th minute from the penalty spot. Barry Dellar's shot was handled on the line by sub Mark E'Beyer who received a straight red card. Ashwell skipper Russell Kemp scored from the spot to send the Rose and Crown sponsored side into raptures.
- 1 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 4 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
It was Dun Cow's fourth appearance in the final in five seasons but their only success was in 2004.