Drop is almost a reality
Biggleswade 3 Stockwood Park 18 Midlands Four East (South) TIME is running out for Biggleswade as they slumped to another league defeat despite a bright start. The result leaves them anchored to the foot of the table and relegation is almost certain. Big
Biggleswade 3 Stockwood Park 18
Midlands Four East (South)
TIME is running out for Biggleswade as they slumped to another league defeat despite a bright start.
The result leaves them anchored to the foot of the table and relegation is almost certain.
You may also want to watch:
Biggy started strongly, suggesting that a close match was in prospect.
The pressure forced errors from the visitors that went unpunished.
- 1 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 2 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 5 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 6 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 7 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 8 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
Eventually, at a third attempt, Biggy went into the lead as a result of a penalty from captain Mark Rastrick, playing on the wing this week.
But the lead was shortlived as on almost their first visit into Biggy's half, Stockwood went through a yawning gap in the centre for the opening try.
Stockwood added another before half-time. The defence was stretched so thin that it was three-quarters against props - that was no contest.
The score stayed 10-3 to the visitors until deep in the second half when Stockwood added a penalty and then another late try.
This Saturday sees an away trip to Long Buckby.
This is the second of five successive league matches that will decide Biggleswade's fate.