Do you have what it takes for awards?
THE third annual Comet Sports Awards, run in association with North Hertfordshire College, were a great success on Friday night. The 12 category winners and finalists were honoured, supported by family, friends, sponsors and invited guests at the Stevenag
THE third annual Comet Sports Awards, run in association with North Hertfordshire College, were a great success on Friday night.
The 12 category winners and finalists were honoured, supported by family, friends, sponsors and invited guests at the Stevenage site of main sponsors North Hertfordshire College.
This year also sees the third annual Herts Sports Partnership Service to Sport Awards.
The awards have been designed to recognise the outstanding work that goes on within sports clubs and organisations throughout Hertfordshire from coaches, officials and administrators within sport at any level.
Nominations are wanted from across the Herts area of Comet country.
Every sports club or organisation has an unsung hero who should be rewarded for the great commitment and enthusiasm which they put into their role.
- 1 A-level results 2022: Schools in Stevenage and North Herts share successes
- 2 Man 'assaulted' and hit by chair in Baldock service station
- 3 Body found in wooded area of Stevenage
- 4 Residents show 'strong support' for TK Maxx relocation plans
- 5 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 6 Man allegedly assaulted and robbed woman in Stevenage park
- 7 Four Vauxhall cars stolen in North Herts
- 8 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 9 'My mum was eligible for Covid-19 drugs - so why didn't she get them?'
- 10 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
The eight categories are:
Community coach of the year male
Community coach of the year female
Coach of disabled performers
Accredited club of the year
Junior coach of the year
Senior official/administrator of the year
Junior official/administrator of the year
Service to sport award
The deadline for nominations is Friday, March 24, and the event is at the Herts Sports Village at Hatfield in May.
To make your nominations and find out more about the awards and judging criteria, visit the Herts Sports Partnership website:
www.sportinherts.org.uk or alternatively call Graham Keen on 01707 281006.
Grahame Bowles is chairman of the Hertfordshire Sports Partnership and winner of the Service to Sport award at Friday night's Comet Sports Awards.
He said: "This awards ceremony is a way of recognising and rewarding the great work that is undertaken by coaches, officials and administrators and clubs throughout the county.
"These people are the lifeblood of sports in Hertfordshire.
"Without their continued commitment and dedication, sport in Herts would not be as successful as it is.