Disability netball festival success
Woolgrove from Letchworth GC was the local entrant at the recent Primary School Disability Netball Festival. It took place at the Herts Sports Village last Monday with four other moderate learning difficulty schools – The Collet, Dacorum; Colnbrook School
Woolgrove from Letchworth GC was the local entrant at the recent Primary School Disability Netball Festival.
It took place at the Herts Sports Village last Monday with four other moderate learning difficulty schools - The Collet, Dacorum; Colnbrook School, Watford; Middleton, Ware; and Southfield, Hatfield - also there.
Sixty children, five coaches and a number of teachers were involved.
The morning was divided into warm-ups and coaching stations before the games began.
A round robin competition which took place saw Woolgrove finish as runner-up for both teams A and B; each player received a medal and certificate.
Paula Leonard, netball development officer for the Herts Sports Partnership, said: "We had an absolutely fantastic day. The children, teachers and coaches all worked extremely hard and enjoyed themselves immensely.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
"The atmosphere was exhilarating and everyone really enjoyed the day."
This event was made possible due to the Herts Netball Association receiving a grant of £5,000 for disability netball in the county from Awards for All.
The Herts Sports Partnership added to this grant by providing a much-needed equipment grant.
Five coaches were involved in attending curriculum sessions over a number of weeks with the culmination this primary school festival.
Secondary schools were also included in the coaching sessions and it is hoped that a Hertfordshire representative team will attend the Marion Smith Disability Championships (an England Netball event) in June.