Dillon will stay a Top Field man
Hitchin Town boss Darren Salton has reiterated that his star striker is going nowhere this season. Chris Dillon, whose goals fired Bedford Town to promotion last season, is staying put at Top Field for the remainder of the campaign. This is despite the Ca
Hitchin Town boss Darren Salton has reiterated that his star striker is going nowhere this season.
Chris Dillon, whose goals fired Bedford Town to promotion last season, is staying put at Top Field for the remainder of the campaign.
This is despite the Canaries receiving an enquiry from league rivals King's Lynn for their prize asset (pictured right).
Hitchin boss Darren Salton confirmed: "Chris is a good lad like all my players and he is not for sale at any price this season.
"It's flattering that a club the size of King's Lynn are interested in one of our players.
"I'm keeping the squad I've had since the start of the season - with a couple of additions like Rob Miller and Rob Beckwith - until the end of this season."
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 7 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 8 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
Tuesday night's home game against Clevedon fell victim to the weather after the Top Field pitch failed to pass a morning inspection.
It followed their surprise 5-1 hammering at Merthyr Tydfil on Saturday.
Salton continued: "We were trying to bounce back from Saturday's defeat at Merthyr.
"This time last season we had played 25 games but we've only played 20 so far this season.
"We don't want too many more called off in case we get a fixture build-up."
The Canaries are vying for promotion to Conference South at the end of the season.
Salton's men will either need to occupy top spot for automatic promotion or finish in the next four positions (second to fifth) to contest the end of season play-offs.
Defender Liam Folds returns from suspension for Saturday's visit of Team Bath while midfielder Carl Williams serves his ban.