Defending champions are pulled back late on
There was some late drama for defending champions Campton on the opening day of the Bedfordshire Football League season. In the Premier Division, supported by Sportform, two goals from Gary Gibson and a single strike from Dan Webb saw Campton twice lead O
There was some late drama for defending champions Campton on the opening day of the Bedfordshire Football League season.
In the Premier Division, supported by Sportform, two goals from Gary Gibson and a single strike from Dan Webb saw Campton twice lead Oakley Sports until they struck with a 87th minute equaliser to see the game end 3-3.
But, in Division One, Campton Reserves were thrashed 5-0 at Westoning Recreation Club.
In Division Two, Clifton with a goal from Darren Carter were 1-0 winners at Meltis Corinthians Reserves, and Meppershall Jurassic drew 3-3 at home against Marston Shelton Rovers thanks to goals from Craig Damon, Dave Readman and Pat King.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Three, league newcomers Three Tuns Galacticos and Dunton Reserves shared a 3-3 draw, Chris Kennedy, Luke Webb and Mark McMillan the home marksmen.
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 3 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 4 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 Stevenage and Jack Smith still aiming for strong finish to season despite Mansfield frustrations