Defeats for our local teams
Letchworth Ladies were beaten 2-0 at Crostyx in their penultimate league encounter. The seconds won 5-2 at Chess Valley thanks to Haidee Castle (two), Jenny Stroomer, Jenny Cross and Ros Cramp. Kate Nicholson scored a consolation in the fourth team s defe
Letchworth Ladies were beaten 2-0 at Crostyx in their penultimate league encounter.
The seconds won 5-2 at Chess Valley thanks to Haidee Castle (two), Jenny Stroomer, Jenny Cross and Ros Cramp.
Kate Nicholson scored a consolation in the fourth team's defeat 8-1 defeat against their Saffron Walden counterparts.
Stevenage Ladies were harshly beaten 3-0 in a physical encounter with league leaders Sevenoaks.
You may also want to watch:
A number of injuries held up the play midway through the first half, just as Stevenage were gaining momentum.
As play resumed, a Sevenoaks free hit was taken early where the waiting player swept the ball home to put the visitors ahead.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
Stevenage rallied but Sevenoaks broke through again before half time scoring from a well-struck short corner.
Things began to get scrappy after the break with Stevenage pushed back into their own half and despite a couple of breaks, never really looked like scoring.
Sevenoaks' pressure paid off when they were awarded a series of penalty corners, the last of which was executed with a fine strike hitting the top of the backboard.
The win should secure promotion for Sevenoaks and Stevenage will be glad to see the back of them.
With no game for the seconds, the thirds beat Vauxhill Chiltern 3-1 thanks to Kate Scorer, Claire Young and Bec Howe.
It was a family affair for the fourths with goals coming from Maggie O'Connor and daughter Holly (two) in a 3-0 friendly win over Shefford and Sandy.
A tough fixture against divisional champions Queenswood seconds saw the fifths go down 8-1. The lone goal came from player of the match Kate Grierson.