Defeat for Stotfold
Stotfold were beaten again at Roker Park by third placed Wellingborough Town. The visitors took the lead in the seventh minute when Michael Sneddon was put through and after rounding Nigel Blower, he squeezed a shot past Simon Drury on the line. Drury red
Stotfold were beaten again at Roker Park by third placed Wellingborough Town.
The visitors took the lead in the seventh minute when Michael Sneddon was put through and after rounding Nigel Blower, he squeezed a shot past Simon Drury on the line.
Drury redeemed himself on the half hour mark when Darren Collins repeated Sneddon's earlier move only to see his shot put behind by the Stotfold man.
Gordon Guile came closest for Stotfold in the first half, having his header down cleared off the line by Stewart Marshall five minutes before the break.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors' second came three minutes into the second half when a ball into the box from the right was headed in by Collins.
A great one-on-one save from Blower prevented Sneddon from getting his second.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
Stotfold pushed hard and were rewarded in the 65th minute when good battling from Callum Donnelly on the right set up Wes Byrne whose low shot crept in under goalkeeper John Hughes.
Despite Donnelly's curling free- kick deceiving the keeper and going inches wide and Guile's header going just over in the last few minutes, an equaliser could not be found.
Rokermen: Blower, Nicholl (Vooght), D Drury, Hull, Juneja, S Drury, Lee (Donnelly), Kennoy (Philbin), Byrne, Dance, Guile.