Datchworth left to rue missed opportunities after defeat to Hoddesdon Rosehill
- Credit: DAVID DAVIES/PA
Datchworth Bowls Club's return to competitive action continued with the one game.
Hoddesdon Rosehill were the visitors to Turkey Farm and they returned home with a 77-65 victory in their friendly game.
Phil Holzbauer, Chris Hills and skip Jim Smith built up a healthy 17-7 shot lead after 11 ends for Datchworth but lost the next six ends to trail by one going into the final end.
Three shots there though gave them a 20-18 win and the hosts a good start.
There was also a win for Rachel Jones, Ian Williams and Derek Henley. They were level at 8-8 after 12 ends but five shots on the next gave them a crucial and ultimately game-winning margin, hanging on for an 18-16 victory.
But that's where the victories ended. Barbara Williams, Julian Hales and Peter Hills won only one of the first seven ends to trail 11-1 and despite hauling themselves back into it slightly, they lost 20-14.
And the final match-up ended up with Janet Akers, Neil Mean and skip Steve Arnold going down to a 23-13 defeat.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 3 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 4 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 5 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 10 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama