Cup joy for Riverain
Riverain put in an excellent performance to advance into the third round of the Vivienne Trophy after beating Herts Ladies 93-57. The Home teams of Joyce Rolph, Jean Hayward, Aileen Weaver and Skip Shirley Houghton together with Val Bacon, Pat Smith, Anne
Riverain put in an excellent performance to advance into the third round of the Vivienne Trophy after beating Herts Ladies 93-57.
The Home teams of Joyce Rolph, Jean Hayward, Aileen Weaver and Skip Shirley Houghton together with Val Bacon, Pat Smith, Anne Graves and Skip Veronica Mead won by 47 shots to 28. The Skips for Herts Ladies were M Cave and W Andrews.
The Away teams of Sharon Allen, Chris Hensler, Marjorie Emery and Skip Barbara Eddington together with Dorothy Whitlock, Barbara Turner, Mina Reod and Skip Diane Porter won by 46 shots to 29.
In the Ladies County League Riverain Ladies only took two points out of six in their match against Cheshunt.
You may also want to watch:
Linda O'Flanagan, Aileen Weaver, Yvonne Hull and Skip Gill Walker won by 23 shots to 15 while Muriel Saunders, Joyce Rolph, Pat Goodwin and Skip Marjorie Emery lost by 14 shots to 24
The Riverain Men managed to pick up some points against Harpenden. Brian Leadley, Reg Chapman, John O'Dell and Skip Jim Allen won by 22 shots to 18 skip for Harpenden was N Muir while Bernie Drummond, Bob Wells, Brian Mills, and Skip John Crosby lost by 13 shots to 20. Skip for Harpenden was G Avery.
- 1 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 3 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 4 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 5 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 6 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 7 Decision made on opening play areas in Stevenage
- 8 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 9 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 10 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
Derek Ellis, Tony Rolph, Mick Cave, and Skip Jimmy McIntyre lost by 15 shots to 29. Skip for Harpenden D Ratcliffe.
Terry Hollands, Andrew Greenall, Terry Saunders and Skip Terry Godden lost by 13 shots to 27 skip for Harpenden was N Burgess.
Friendlies scores v King George's Shield (skips name only): Barbara Clark beat M Jones 20-18, M Porter beat Brian Beedal 24-17, T Hoye beat Dave Webb 26-15, J Sikhu beat Peter Barritt 31-16, Sam Skinner beat D Nightingale 19-18, R Mew beat Jeff Smith 29-22. Overall score: Riverain 109 King George's Field 146.
Friendlies scores v Howard Gardens: L Smith beat Doreen Hodgson-Smith 23-16, Derek Clark beat D Phillips 18-17, Doug Major beat D Kingsmill 22-10, R Williams beat Pat Clark 28-15, Paul Bryant beat B Atkinson 26-9. Overall score: Riverain 97 Howard Gardens 87.