There will certainly be Lashings of cricketing talent at Knebworth Park later this month. Some of the biggest names in the world of cricket will converge on the Park for the inaugural eight-a-side Pro-Am Corporate Cricket Challenge on Friday, June 30. Run
There will certainly be Lashings of cricketing talent at Knebworth Park later this month.
Some of the biggest names in the world of cricket will converge on the Park for the inaugural eight-a-side Pro-Am Corporate Cricket Challenge on Friday, June 30.
Run in conjunction with Knebworth Park CC and Hitchin-based company Limecard, the pro-am challenge will feature some of the world's greatest cricketers courtesy of the famous Lashings Cricket Club.
Lashings, originally formed in Kent, has had a long association with past and present stars of the Test cricket arena and will provide two players for each of the six teams which will represent local or national businesses.
Companies can still sign up to this month's pro-am challenge and play alongside some of the greats of the game.
These include former West Indies stars Richie Richardson, Vasbert Drakes and Alvin Kallicharran, leading New Zealand all-rounder Chris Harris, Sri Lankan Aravinda De Silva, one of the game's best entertainers, and flamboyant England seamer Phil DeFreitas.
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 9 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 10 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
Clare Connor, the skipper of England's women team and the first woman to sign for Lashings, will also play.
The cost of entering a team of six is £3,000. This includes team name branding, two banners around the ground, advertising in the matchday programme, full corporate entertainment for the six team members including dinner with professional cricketers, and a private coaching session for six children.
More corporate hospitality is also on offer on the day with £150 per person (£1,500 per table of 10) for matchday hospitality.
- Sit down lunch
- Afternoon barbecue
- Beer, wine and soft drinks included until 7pm
- Opportunity to watch the World Cup football quarter-final in the marquee
- Opportunity to network with 200 other business people
- Chance to meet the Lashings World XI players
- Signed matchday programme
Stuart Burford, managing director of Limecard, a luxury members and rewards club, said: "This will be the first of what we expect to be a long and successful relationship with Lashings and Knebworth Park Cricket Club.
"Having been a player with Knebworth Park for more than 15 years, and enjoyed the beautiful surroundings, I wanted to bring the best cricketing world XI home.
"It is a fantastic opportunity to give national and local businesses not only the chance to watch great cricket but to play alongside their heroes."
Chris Johnson, the chairman of Knebworth Park, added: "This will be a great day for the club and for Limecard.
"It follows a history of legendary cricketers visiting Knebworth Park, including Sir Viv Richards and David Gower.
"The occasion also highlights the club's strong links with corporate businesses such as Limecard.
"The support of the business world is integral in helping to develop and strengthen Knebworth Park, which now has a reputation as one of the strongest cricket clubs in the county - both at senior level and through its thriving youth structure."
This event will not be open to members of the public.
For more details and to book your place, please contact Jarrod Turner at Limecard on 0774 9552302 or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org