Cricketers receive all their prizes
Holwell were crowned the Division One champions for the second successive year at The Broadview Windows North Herts Cricket League presentation evening. Luton and Houghton Town were runners-up to Holwell and both were honoured in the awards evening at Cra
Holwell were crowned the Division One champions for the second successive year at The Broadview Windows North Herts Cricket League presentation evening.
Luton and Houghton Town were runners-up to Holwell and both were honoured in the awards evening at Crawley Green Sports and Social Club.
The individual awards in Division One saw two Holwell players star.
Adam Parkins won the player of the season award and Nigel Pointing took the batting award (with an average of 68) as well as the outstanding performance (103no and 4-40 against Great Gaddesden).
Javed of Luton and Houghton Town won the bowling award.
Ickleford won the Division Two title as well as the team batting award for brighter cricket for the highest scoring rate in the whole league.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 3 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 4 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 5 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 6 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 7 Prince Charles and Camilla to star in special EastEnders Jubilee episode filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
Ian Roberts from Reed won the outstanding performance award for his seven wickets against Cricketers which also helped his side clinch the runners-up spot.
Pete Bracey (Graveley) and Raja Asar (St Joseph's) shared the player of the season award.
The bowling award went to Datchworth's Chris Blackham.
Carl Richards from Codicote won the batting award and son Luke was joint winner of the young player of the season award along with Baldock Town's Nick Blenkin.
Hatfield took the team bowling award for the least runs conceded per over (tighter cricket award).