Colts go Dutch
Hitchin Colts entertained a young rugby team from Holland – Westland Lions under-19s – on Sunday. Fielding an abundance of subs on the bench boosted by one or two friends from around the county, Hitchin won 29-17. Henry Robinson charged down an attempted
Hitchin Colts entertained a young rugby team from Holland - Westland Lions under-19s - on Sunday.
Fielding an abundance of subs on the bench boosted by one or two friends from around the county, Hitchin won 29-17.
Henry Robinson charged down an attempted clearance kick to score the first try of the game, David King converting.
Robinson charged down a kick to score another try minutes later before Westland scored with a well-worked backs move.
Amazingly Robinson charged down another attempted kick and he popped over in the left corner for his hat-trick.
Twelve points up, Hitchin made some changes at the break to ensure everyone got a game.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
Further tries from Sam Wilson, Pieter Frisch converting, and 'Ziggy' stretched the lead for Hitchin who lost four players with injuries.
Westland ran in two late tries down the left wing to the delight of their fans.
Hitchin will now travel to Holland at Easter to play in a tournament at the home of the Westland Lions.
* Hitchin's senior team were beaten 53-29 at Grasshoppers in the London Four North West the day before.