Colts go Dutch
Hitchin Colts entertained a young rugby team from Holland – Westland Lions under-19s – on Sunday. Fielding an abundance of subs on the bench boosted by one or two friends from around the county, Hitchin won 29-17. Henry Robinson charged down an attempted
Hitchin Colts entertained a young rugby team from Holland - Westland Lions under-19s - on Sunday.
Fielding an abundance of subs on the bench boosted by one or two friends from around the county, Hitchin won 29-17.
Henry Robinson charged down an attempted clearance kick to score the first try of the game, David King converting.
Robinson charged down a kick to score another try minutes later before Westland scored with a well-worked backs move.
Amazingly Robinson charged down another attempted kick and he popped over in the left corner for his hat-trick.
Twelve points up, Hitchin made some changes at the break to ensure everyone got a game.
- 1 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 2 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 3 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 4 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 5 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 6 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 7 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 10 Standalone Farm to reopen with host of activities in time for half term
Further tries from Sam Wilson, Pieter Frisch converting, and 'Ziggy' stretched the lead for Hitchin who lost four players with injuries.
Westland ran in two late tries down the left wing to the delight of their fans.
Hitchin will now travel to Holland at Easter to play in a tournament at the home of the Westland Lions.
* Hitchin's senior team were beaten 53-29 at Grasshoppers in the London Four North West the day before.