Colts football round-up
Austen Arrowheads under-11s reached their fourth tournament final in a row. Their two teams (pictured top) reached the final of the Heelands Rangers six-a-side tournament at Milton Keynes where they met strong opposition from Herts, Beds, Bucks, Northants
Austen Arrowheads under-11s reached their fourth tournament final in a row.
Their two teams (pictured top) reached the final of the Heelands Rangers six-a-side tournament at Milton Keynes where they met strong opposition from Herts, Beds, Bucks, Northants and Leicestershire.
They achieved the perfect day as the Reds team won 1-0 in the final against the Whites.
It was deserved as the Reds reached the final (eight games in total) unbeaten and without conceding a goal.
Ashley Watson won player of the tournament and Oakley Carr was the tournament's top scorer with seven goals.
* Gresley Way Juniors under-eights won the Doug Atkins Memorial Cup at Hampson Park in Stevenage. They beat Broadhall Youth 2-0 in the final.
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 6 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 7 Seriously injured assault victim waited FOUR hours in ambulance outside Lister
- 8 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 9 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 10 Graffiti artist's NHS tribute in Stevenage underpass
* Five teenagers have been rewarded for their loyalty. Stevenage Boro Juniors under-15 Blues celebrated the end of the season with their presentation evening (bottom).
Player of the year was Nyasha Sagwete, while Mitchel Drake, Colin Kirkland, Tony Keast, Liam Latimer and Dan Lavender also collected their awards for 10 years' service.
* Success has had its price for Wymondley Park. The Double winners have recently lost some players to the Stevenage Boro under-14 School of Excellence side for next season.
Additional players would need to be in Year Nine (under-14s) for next season.
The team are in the Royston Crow League Division One. Any interested players of a good ability should call Gary Brown on 07814 206832. Or turn up at training tonight (Thursday) at 7.30pm at the Priory School in Hitchin.
* Stevenage Colts are holding their annual five and seven-a-side tournaments at Hampson Park this Sunday.
The Charter Standard club also need new players for their under-14 side next season.
Training is on Wednesdays from 6pm at the Canterbury Way playing fields. If you are interested, call Jan Smith on 01438 751366 or Martin Wisker on 07977 271920.
* Lemsford Pumas under-11s, which has a significant contingent of boys from Stevenage, are looking for new players. If you are interested and in current school Year Six, then call manager Peter Hart on 01438 817206 or 07919 876005.