Codicote gain second successive promotion
Codicote gained promotion on Saturday for the second successive season in the Saracens Herts League. After a couple of bad weeks for the team, the hard work and effort put in during the rest of the season finally paid off. Teenager Luke Richards, 17, brok
Codicote gained promotion on Saturday for the second successive season in the Saracens Herts League.
After a couple of bad weeks for the team, the hard work and effort put in during the rest of the season finally paid off.
Teenager Luke Richards, 17, broke the 1200-run barrier again and beat the club record he set himself last year.
His dad Carl has already taken a career best 77 wickets this season.
Club captain Richards senior said: "The club is moving forward, with the help from the village sponsors and the young players coming through.
"I hope Codicote will be able to keep moving up the tables. The club already has two new experienced players joining next season and the club welcomes any new volunteers and players for 2009.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Work begins on Gresley Park site for 600 homes