Late winner for Pitstone & Ivinghoe ends Codicote’s perfect start to the season
- Credit: Archant
Codicote’s unbeaten start to the SSML Division Two season came to an end with a 1-0 defeat at home to Pitstone & Ivinghoe.
The pair had arrived at Codicote’s John Clements Memorial Ground boasting 100 per cent records but a goal in the 90th minute meant the visitors were the ones who left with that sequence intact.
Both sides were positive in their determination to win but it was Cod who had the vast majority of play.
They thought they had taken the lead on 40 minutes but Perry Price’s tap-in was ruled out for a foul on the keeper.
The tale of the second half was no different. Codicote carried on pressing but the opening goal eluded them.
You may also want to watch:
Two well-taken free-kicks from Luke White had him wishing the goal posts were an inch higher both clattered against the bar.
And the game looked to be heading to a no-score draw until an error gifted Aldie Hall the winner for Pitstone.
- 1 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 2 Historic family jewellers scoops up industry awards
- 3 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 4 I went to Stevenage Charter Fair for the first time, and here's what I thought
- 5 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says county council
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Sacrifices made as Stevenage defiantly answer their critics at Harrogate Town
- 8 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 9 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire