Club triples time at Howard Garden
Howard Garden Bowls Club in Letchworth Garden City held their President s Day on Sunday. President and captain Ron Williams welcomed 36 bowlers to compete in a club triples tournament won by Ron Hope, Carl Gee and Tony Wood. On Saturday, a friendly match
Howard Garden Bowls Club in Letchworth Garden City held their President's Day on Sunday.
President and captain Ron Williams welcomed 36 bowlers to compete in a club triples tournament won by Ron Hope, Carl Gee and Tony Wood.
On Saturday, a friendly match against Letchworth Conservative Club was won by three shots.
The midweek bowlers lost a five triples game against ICI Life Members by 63-74 shots.
You may also want to watch:
In the absence of the president and senior vice-president, David Wright, the immediate past president, took charge of Letchworth and District for the visit of Bedfordshire VPs at Letchworth Garden City Bowls Club on Sunday.
On a surprisingly sunny afternoon, the match consisted of six triples and turned out to be a comfortable win for the District who won five out of the six rinks and the game 114-83.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
The highest winning rink consisted of debutant Rob Dempster (Baldock Town), Peter Graves (Royston) and David Wright (Datchworth) who beat the triple skipped by Beds chairman Ron Turney by 28 shots to five.
Other scores (skips only): R Whitworth 12, E Thomas 25; A Hill 25, T Williams 16; D Webb 14, E Bierdon 11; G Lewis 19, A Lindsay 13; D Smith 16, S Potter 13.
Baldock Town won their friendly match at home against Roebuck 67-40 on Saturday.
Scores: M Reid, A Hayward, P Riley and J Carter lost 17-19; J Gluckstein, J Tait, J Milton and D Turner won 32-9; J Saunders, P Page, G Cross and M Wintrip won 18-12.
On Sunday, Baldock again won an enjoyable encounter in a friendly match with Flitwick by 87-55, winning on all four rinks.
Scores: J Gluckstein, M Mcdonald, J McIntyre and A Castle won 26-17; J Tait, A Russell, M Parsons and J Murison won 24-11; G Cross, S Garrett, I Walker and J Wintrip won 18-15; D Davies, A Owen, P Higho and J Crosby won 19-12.
Hitchin Town travelled to Langford for a three rink match, losing by 20 shots (37-57) and on all three rinks, on Saturday.
Rink one: B Marsden, J Dawson, M Williams, A Hill lost 9-22; rink two: A Marsden, G Leuty, N Parke, I Page lost 14-15; rink three: J Hill, J Squires, M Squires, S Dawson lost 14-20.