Club triples time at Howard Garden
Howard Garden Bowls Club in Letchworth Garden City held their President s Day on Sunday. President and captain Ron Williams welcomed 36 bowlers to compete in a club triples tournament won by Ron Hope, Carl Gee and Tony Wood. On Saturday, a friendly match
Howard Garden Bowls Club in Letchworth Garden City held their President's Day on Sunday.
President and captain Ron Williams welcomed 36 bowlers to compete in a club triples tournament won by Ron Hope, Carl Gee and Tony Wood.
On Saturday, a friendly match against Letchworth Conservative Club was won by three shots.
The midweek bowlers lost a five triples game against ICI Life Members by 63-74 shots.
In the absence of the president and senior vice-president, David Wright, the immediate past president, took charge of Letchworth and District for the visit of Bedfordshire VPs at Letchworth Garden City Bowls Club on Sunday.
On a surprisingly sunny afternoon, the match consisted of six triples and turned out to be a comfortable win for the District who won five out of the six rinks and the game 114-83.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 3 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 4 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'wonderful and caring' husband and father
- 6 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 7 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 8 New dad welcomes baby amid brain tumour treatment
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 10 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
The highest winning rink consisted of debutant Rob Dempster (Baldock Town), Peter Graves (Royston) and David Wright (Datchworth) who beat the triple skipped by Beds chairman Ron Turney by 28 shots to five.
Other scores (skips only): R Whitworth 12, E Thomas 25; A Hill 25, T Williams 16; D Webb 14, E Bierdon 11; G Lewis 19, A Lindsay 13; D Smith 16, S Potter 13.
Baldock Town won their friendly match at home against Roebuck 67-40 on Saturday.
Scores: M Reid, A Hayward, P Riley and J Carter lost 17-19; J Gluckstein, J Tait, J Milton and D Turner won 32-9; J Saunders, P Page, G Cross and M Wintrip won 18-12.
On Sunday, Baldock again won an enjoyable encounter in a friendly match with Flitwick by 87-55, winning on all four rinks.
Scores: J Gluckstein, M Mcdonald, J McIntyre and A Castle won 26-17; J Tait, A Russell, M Parsons and J Murison won 24-11; G Cross, S Garrett, I Walker and J Wintrip won 18-15; D Davies, A Owen, P Higho and J Crosby won 19-12.
Hitchin Town travelled to Langford for a three rink match, losing by 20 shots (37-57) and on all three rinks, on Saturday.
Rink one: B Marsden, J Dawson, M Williams, A Hill lost 9-22; rink two: A Marsden, G Leuty, N Parke, I Page lost 14-15; rink three: J Hill, J Squires, M Squires, S Dawson lost 14-20.