Club’s exciting day
It is a momentous year for both the club and its members as they celebrate the centenary of Letchworth Tennis Club. The club, originally located at Paddock Close, moved to its new home in Muddy Lane in January 2005. This new £2.2 million pound development
It is a momentous year for both the club and its members as they celebrate the centenary of Letchworth Tennis Club.
The club, originally located at Paddock Close, moved to its new home in Muddy Lane in January 2005.
This new £2.2 million pound development has already established itself as one of the leading sports clubs in Hertfordshire, with some of the best facilities in the country.
The club now has more than 1000 members, who participate in a variety of sports including tennis, mini tennis, squash, badminton, croquet, fitness classes, gym workouts - and socialising in the bar of course!
A party is being staged on Saturday, September 9, from midday until late.
There will be a host of activities to keep the children entertained including face painting, bouncy castle, mini tennis zone and play area.
- 1 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 2 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 3 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 4 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 5 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 6 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 7 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 10 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
There are also activities for the adults to participate in including 'beat the coach', fastest serve competition, fun drills session and an ironman competition!
There will be special drinks promotions, a barbecue and live music playing throughout the day - so lots of fun to be had by all. Everyone is welcome to attend, the more the merrier!
For more information on the club, its facilities and membership, please call club manager Abbie Lench on 01462 675444.
It is a great time for Letchworth as the club has been awarded a grant for nearly £4000 to help develop its disability programme.
The club applied for this earlier in the year and have already started working with schools such as Woolgrove (Letchworth GC), Brandles (Baldock) and Lakeside (Welwyn GC).
Letchworth are running a Festival Day in conjunction with Lister and Potters Bar tennis clubs on Monday, September 25.
This event is aimed at kickstarting the programme and getting as many children involved in tennis as possible.
The club have also started working with Learn Direct. Groups of adults now come to the club for two-hour drop-in sessions, where they can play tennis and use the gym and fitness studio.
Club manager Abbie Lench said: "The club want to involve as many people in sport as possible; all ages and abilities, offering the local community access to some of the best facilities in the country.