Club continues to grow
SHEFFORD Netball Club is a success story to warm the heart. Three years ago, the club was just one coach and nine enthusiastic girls who wanted to play more netball. Now, there are four coaches and almost 50 players in six teams called Warriors, Scorpio
SHEFFORD Netball Club is a success story to warm the heart.
Three years ago, the 'club' was just one coach and nine enthusiastic girls who wanted to play more netball.
Now, there are four coaches and almost 50 players in six teams called Warriors, Scorpions, Interaction, Sharks, Sonics and Seekers.
A dedicated committee made up of parents, coaches and players have made it all happen.
The girls have plenty of opportunity to play netball at all levels and all over the area in a safe environment. Two youngsters, Emma Ramsay and Charlotte Ellingham, have also passed their beginner tests and are umpiring the junior leagues.
Some of the youth players are also committed to assisting at coaching sessions for the younger players.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 6 Stevenage fun day in aid of TRACKS Autism
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
Last year, the youth team won the Second Division Cup competition and came second in the league.
This year, the club has two youth teams who have made it to the First Division. Despite the standard of play in the Bedford League being high, they look set to win even more medals.
Their junior teams are about to start their league and all four teams are promising.
A few Shefford players have also been selected to play for county and satellite county teams in Bedfordshire.
The icing on the cake is recognition of this hard work by the England Netball Association, which has just awarded the club the prestigious Bronze Caps Award.
This means the club are recognised by and accredited to All England Netball.