Cloughie stays as England boss
FORMER Boro boss Paul Fairclough will continue in his role as manager of the England National Game XI. Now managing League Two Barnet as well, he was initially appointed in January 2003 and has managed the team on 23 occasions, winning 13 times. The team
FORMER Boro boss Paul Fairclough will continue in his role as manager of the England National Game XI.
Now managing League Two Barnet as well, he was initially appointed in January 2003 and has managed the team on 23 occasions, winning 13 times. The team is unbeaten in their last 12 outings.
Under his reign, the team has twice been successful in winning the Four Nations Tournament and recently became the winners of the inaugural European Challenge Trophy.
Fairclough (shown right) said: "I have always considered it an honour to manage the national team and I was thrilled to be asked to continue."
You may also want to watch:
The Boro pair of skipper Ronnie Henry and striker Steve Morison have been selected for this month's friendly international with Northern Ireland.
The match, at Glenavon on Tuesday, February 13, will be the first meeting between the two countries at this level.
- 1 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 2 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 5 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 6 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 7 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 8 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
Goalkeeper Alan Julian misses out because he has represented Northern Ireland at under-21 level.