Cloughie stays as England boss
FORMER Boro boss Paul Fairclough will continue in his role as manager of the England National Game XI. Now managing League Two Barnet as well, he was initially appointed in January 2003 and has managed the team on 23 occasions, winning 13 times. The team
FORMER Boro boss Paul Fairclough will continue in his role as manager of the England National Game XI.
Now managing League Two Barnet as well, he was initially appointed in January 2003 and has managed the team on 23 occasions, winning 13 times. The team is unbeaten in their last 12 outings.
Under his reign, the team has twice been successful in winning the Four Nations Tournament and recently became the winners of the inaugural European Challenge Trophy.
Fairclough (shown right) said: "I have always considered it an honour to manage the national team and I was thrilled to be asked to continue."
The Boro pair of skipper Ronnie Henry and striker Steve Morison have been selected for this month's friendly international with Northern Ireland.
The match, at Glenavon on Tuesday, February 13, will be the first meeting between the two countries at this level.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 4 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 5 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 6 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 7 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 8 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 9 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
- 10 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
Goalkeeper Alan Julian misses out because he has represented Northern Ireland at under-21 level.