Cloughie stays as England boss
FORMER Boro boss Paul Fairclough will continue in his role as manager of the England National Game XI. Now managing League Two Barnet as well, he was initially appointed in January 2003 and has managed the team on 23 occasions, winning 13 times. The team
FORMER Boro boss Paul Fairclough will continue in his role as manager of the England National Game XI.
Now managing League Two Barnet as well, he was initially appointed in January 2003 and has managed the team on 23 occasions, winning 13 times. The team is unbeaten in their last 12 outings.
Under his reign, the team has twice been successful in winning the Four Nations Tournament and recently became the winners of the inaugural European Challenge Trophy.
Fairclough (shown right) said: "I have always considered it an honour to manage the national team and I was thrilled to be asked to continue."
The Boro pair of skipper Ronnie Henry and striker Steve Morison have been selected for this month's friendly international with Northern Ireland.
The match, at Glenavon on Tuesday, February 13, will be the first meeting between the two countries at this level.
- 1 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 2 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 3 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 7 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
Goalkeeper Alan Julian misses out because he has represented Northern Ireland at under-21 level.