Clifton kids tops
Clifton Cricket Club s under-12s have won the South Bedfordshire League for their age group. A great game at Leighton Buzzard secured their title last Saturday. Captain Jack Agass won the toss and decided to bowl on a good track. The home side slumped to
Clifton Cricket Club's under-12s have won the South Bedfordshire League for their age group.
A great game at Leighton Buzzard secured their title last Saturday.
Captain Jack Agass won the toss and decided to bowl on a good track.
The home side slumped to 49-9, Jack Brown collecting figures of 4-10 off his four-over spell and Agass 2-9 off four overs.
With resistance from their tail, Leighton ended up with 82 runs to defend.
Clifton got off to a solid start with 24 from the first five and a quick and controlled Jack Good knock (31 retired) meant victory was assured and the title was won.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 8 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company
The first match of the season saw weakened Clifton lose against Eversholt.
Impressive victories followed against Hexton, Ampthill, Flitwick and local rivals Henlow.
The result of the season was victory against the leaders Luton Town and Indians.
Their full squad is Jack Agass (captain), Jack Brown, Jack Good, Jack Bonham, Jack Fish, Robert Ryan, Luke Bridger, Tim Porteous, Will Harwood, Lewis Coleman, Max Masters, Alex Ferguson and Harry Rose.