Clifton kids tops
Clifton Cricket Club s under-12s have won the South Bedfordshire League for their age group. A great game at Leighton Buzzard secured their title last Saturday. Captain Jack Agass won the toss and decided to bowl on a good track. The home side slumped to
Clifton Cricket Club's under-12s have won the South Bedfordshire League for their age group.
A great game at Leighton Buzzard secured their title last Saturday.
Captain Jack Agass won the toss and decided to bowl on a good track.
The home side slumped to 49-9, Jack Brown collecting figures of 4-10 off his four-over spell and Agass 2-9 off four overs.
With resistance from their tail, Leighton ended up with 82 runs to defend.
Clifton got off to a solid start with 24 from the first five and a quick and controlled Jack Good knock (31 retired) meant victory was assured and the title was won.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 5 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 6 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 7 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 8 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
- 9 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 10 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
The first match of the season saw weakened Clifton lose against Eversholt.
Impressive victories followed against Hexton, Ampthill, Flitwick and local rivals Henlow.
The result of the season was victory against the leaders Luton Town and Indians.
Their full squad is Jack Agass (captain), Jack Brown, Jack Good, Jack Bonham, Jack Fish, Robert Ryan, Luke Bridger, Tim Porteous, Will Harwood, Lewis Coleman, Max Masters, Alex Ferguson and Harry Rose.