Christmas number ones for Blueharts
- Credit: Archant
Three teams are top of their leagues, while Jay Livermore scores hat-trick as 1sts beat Royston
Jay Livermore’s hat-trick secured a win for Blueharts’ 1sts at the weekend, while victories for the ladies’ 2nds and 3rds, plus the men’s 2nds, saw all three sides top their respective leagues.
The 1sts were at Royston, and Livermore scored three times in the opening 11 minutes.
Ellen Robertson made some solid saves to keep her side ahead, before Harriet Marsh secured the 4-1 win.
You may also want to watch:
The 2nds remain top of Five Counties Division One following a 3-0 win over basement side Hertford. Goals from Sam Vaughn, Molly Kerr Barr and Tamzin Wright saw them home.
The 3rds were at Tring and Olivia Marsh missed the chance to put them ahead in the first half.
- 1 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 2 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 3 Body found in search for missing woman
- 4 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 7 I love it when a plan comes together: Alex Revell happy with Stevenage's resurgence
- 8 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 9 'Incredible response' to music festival's line-up announcement
- 10 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
In the second half they took the lead when Amanda Donnachie’s shot was deflected into the path of Evie McGown.
The next three goals came in quick succession from Donnachie, Niamh Krishman and Marsh, before Donnachie made the final score 5-0.
The 3rds remain top of the table in Division Two.
The 4ths lost 4-3 in a thriller against West Herts. Izzy Davies put them ahead before the visitors scored twice.
Attacking play by Lily Sidey and Davies enabled Corrine Russell to equalise before West Herts made it 3-2. The 4ths levelled again through Debbie Thomson but West Herts took the win with a goal in the final minutes for 4-3.
The men’s 1sts had a rest weekend, but the 2nds’ win at Crostyx took them top of East League Division 2S.
Graham Burr scored twice in under five minutes before Richard Middleditch made it 3-0. A fourth, from Ed Atkins, came from a short corner before Austin Ephgrave and Barry Hann made it 6-0.
The 3rds shared six goals with Southgate Adelaide. Rob Clark, Dominic Lloyd-Williams and Tom Wallis got their goals.
The 4ths drew 2-2 at Potters Bar. They fell 2-0 down before Keith Noble and Dan Pickard scored to earn them a point.
The 5ths led 3-1 at half-time against Welwyn. However, injuries saw them go down to nine players and their opponents hit back to draw the game 3-3. Scoring for Blueharts were Ashley Hammond, Simon Bayston and Niall Mystry.
The 6ths beat Stevenage 2-1 with goals from Neil Donald and Ollie Garside.
The girls’ U14s, U12s and U10s teams were all undefeated in matches across the county.