Cheer Baldock boys to cup success
Baldock Town s footballers are 90 minutes away from reaching the Herts Junior (county) Cup final. The team, sponsored by Arena Security, play Greenbury United of the Hertford and District League in the semi-finals this Saturday at Knights Templar School,
Baldock Town's footballers are 90 minutes away from reaching the Herts Junior (county) Cup final.
The team, sponsored by Arena Security, play Greenbury United of the Hertford and District League in the semi-finals this Saturday at Knights Templar School, Baldock (2pm ko).
And the North and Mid Herts League club would appreciate as much support as possible as they continue to battle for silverware on four fronts this season.
Since their 3-0 victory against Ware Lions in the last eight in front of more than 100 fans, the new Reds have remained in fine form.
You may also want to watch:
They are currently second in the North and Mid Herts League Premier Division and play in the semi-finals of the League Cup at London Colney A on March 17 for a chance to meet St Ippolyts in the final.
The Reds are also on course for a place in the Greg Cup final with Fairlands the opponents in the semi-finals.
- 1 Shop employee shaken after knifepoint robbery
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 4 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 5 Arsonist jailed for 10 years after setting 'terrifying' house fire
- 6 Boy, 13, subjected to distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 7 No positives for Revell as Boro meekly surrender to Forest Green Rovers
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Arrest made after man in his 40s dies in A505 crash tragedy
For more information, visit:
* Woolmer Green won a seven-goal thriller at Magnum in the Premier Division on Saturday.
James Brewster, Steve Bannister, Rory Spencer and Mandell Mullins scored for the winners Woolmer Green, with Trevor Long and Adam Brockett (two) replying.
In Division One North, Fairlands (Carl Lingwood) and Wilbury Wanderers (Dean Smith) shared the points.
Baldock Town Res got a nap hand against Benington thanks to Michael Mabbitt, Matt Ryall, Gordon MacLeod and Nick Blenkin (two).
Saturday, March 3
Premier Division: Magnum 3 Woolmer Green 4, St Ippolyts v Baldock Town (off), Whitwell Village v Clannad Celtic (off).
Division One North: Baldock Town Res 5 Benington 0, Fairlands 1 Wilbury Wanderers 1, Kimpton Rovers Res v Codicote (off), Westwell v Woolmer Green Res (off).
Saturday, March 10
Herts Junior Cup, semi-finals: Baldock Town v Greenbury United (Colney Heath A v Kings Sports).
Greg Cup, round two: AFC Santos v Codicote, Woolmer Green v St Ippolyts.
Premier Division: Magnum v Redbourn, Whitwell Village v Kings Sports Res.
Division One North: Bedwell Rangers Res v Fairlands, Benington v Woolmer Green Res, City Hearts v Kimpton Rovers Res.