Charlie finishes in top 25 for FVS TRI
FVS TRI s Charles Harris was 22nd at the Windsor Olympic Triathlon. This was from more than 1,680 age group finishers in a time of 2-13:49 despite the strong currents in the River Thames making the swim tougher than usual. Chris Baxter was 200th in 2-27:3
FVS TRI's Charles Harris was 22nd at the Windsor Olympic Triathlon.
This was from more than 1,680 age group finishers in a time of 2-13:49 despite the strong currents in the River Thames making the swim tougher than usual.
Chris Baxter was 200th in 2-27:36, Jeremy Lintott 2-32:06, Robbie Laughton 2-35:38 and Mike Russell 2-38:34.
The race also featured Jenson Button, taking a break from Formula One, and finishing 117th in 2-22:43.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the elite race, Mike Bridge was disappointed with his 18th place in a time of 2-07:34.
Mike Utton was the first home for FVS TRI at the UK 70.3 Half Ironman Championships based around Wimbleball Lake, Exmoor.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker
He completed the 1.2 mile swim, 56-mile bike and half-marathon run on the tough hilly course in 5-38:24.
Neil Coombes finished in 6-09:07, Ian Ellery 6-28:03 and Richard Thomas 6-39:53.
Although the sun came out for the run, the hard course was made even tougher by heavy rain and hail on the bike leg.
Sarah Broadbent completed her second triathlon at Dorney Lakes to finish fourth female in the 35-39 age group in a time of 1-28:02 for the open water sprint event.
Dil Wetherill finished 12th overall and fifth vet in the Canvey Island Making Waves off-road triathlon completing the 300m pool swim, 15k bike and 5k run in 1-11:02.
Lynne and Richard Allen ran the Abbey 10k at Ramsey in Cambs with Lynne improving her 10k personal best by 55 seconds to 49:41. Richard finished in 42:57.
Gemma Sargent ran the Bluewater 10k in 44:01, more than three minutes faster than last year.
In the Stevenage CC Evening 10 mile TT, Rob Wilson was first home for FVS TRI in 25:24 ahead of Tim Smith 26:14, Mike Russell 27:13 and Penny Wylie 28:31.
Pete Timmins completed the Dragon Ride Sportive covering the 112 miles in 6-54:27 in preparation for Ironman Austria.