Charlie Carter happy with his goal but admitted the three points were just as important
- Credit: DAVID LOVEDAY/TGS PHOTO
Charlie Carter hopes his thunderous winning strike against Cambridge United will be the start of a goal glut - although he will be just as happy with more wins for Stevenage.
Carter thumped in the only goal in a 1-0 win at home, his first since the opening day of the season and the Carabao Cup game with Portsmouth.
He said: "I’m playing in a different position now so I was already in the box. It bounced to me and all I thought was about getting a good contact on it.
"I'm buzzing as it has been a long time. I hadn’t got one since returning from injury but I knew it would come and hopefully they will now keep coming.
"But as long as you are playing well and helping the team then that’s the main thing and if I can chip in with a few goals then it is a bonus.
"We know we have to pick up more points. We’ve got a good enough group, we know that among ourselves, and it’s just about showing that on the pitch."
- 1 Man arrested after crashing into tree and fleeing scene in Hitchin
- 2 Have you seen wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 3 Elderly queue in cold as mass vaccine centre opens its doors in Stevenage
- 4 Walk-through coronavirus test site opens in Stevenage
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 Flooding closes part of major road in Stevenage
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Letchworth Rugby Club rocked by death of two huge and well-loved stalwarts
- 9 Damage caused to Stevenage salon during burglary
- 10 100-year-old woman regains strength with Stop Falls campaign