Stotfold fell just one short of double figures as they blitzed Cranfield United in the first round of the North Beds Charity Cup on Tuesday night. The dismissal of Cranfield s Vasco Diaz, 10 minutes into the game, ruined the tie as a contest. After taking
Stotfold fell just one short of double figures as they blitzed Cranfield United in the first round of the North Beds Charity Cup on Tuesday night.
The dismissal of Cranfield's Vasco Diaz, 10 minutes into the game, ruined the tie as a contest. After taking exception to Ricky Case's challenge, Diaz decided to keep pushing the Stotfold player until the referee had no other option but give him his marching orders.
It took Stotfold until the 32nd minute to finally score after Adrian Hemmel crossed from the right for Ian Thorne to volley in.
A good low strike from the edge of the box by Louis Lee found keeper Dan Rogers flat footed for the second three minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Downham sidefooted in the third at the far post after Thorne's cross from the right, and Thorne provided the ball forward for the fourth allowing Bobby Dance to slip in on 43 minutes.
The second half saw no let up in the pressure as Simon Drury fired through a crowded box on 55 minutes.
- 1 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 2 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 4 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 5 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 6 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 7 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 8 What you need to know about the changing divorce laws
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing
Ryan Nichol struck low from the edge of the box on the hour and Dance got himself a second with a long range effort on 72 minutes.
A neat flick over the defence from Dance allowed Adrian Hemmel to fire in on 79 minutes after his first shot was blocked by the keeper.
Sub Darren Pommeroy got the last one of the evening by volleying in Joe Philbin's cross from the left.
Stotfold are away to the winners of the Potton/Arlesey Athletic tie in the next round.
Rokermen: Blower, Hull, Downham, Drury (Philbin), Case (Donnelly), Nichol, Lee (Pommeroy), Thorne, Dance, Hemmel.