Cerhys wins county gold
One Marriotts gymnast became a champion in the British Club grade six and five Herts county championships. Cerhys Davis-Jones won gold in the eight-year-old age group for level six with an excellent score of 62.70. Davis-Jones, along with
One Marriotts gymnast became a champion in the British Club grade six and five Herts county championships.
Cerhys Davis-Jones won gold in the eight-year-old age group for level six with an excellent score of 62.70.
Davis-Jones, along with clubmates Jade Lam-Richardson (60.65) and Bethany Todd (59.00), achieved distinctions in the grade.
As a result all three qualified through to the regional final.
Alice Fowler (56.95) just missed out on a distinction which is set at 57.50, but achieved an excellent pass mark in the grade. The pass mark is 50.0.
In the level five competition, Louisa Field (57.15) was just a fraction short of the distinction mark, but easily achieved an excellent pass in the grade.
- 1 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 2 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 3 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 7 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 8 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 10 Taste buds at the ready! Letchworth's Food and Drink Festival is back
The championships were held at the Marriotts Gym Centre a week last Sunday.
With snow outside, many of the parents watching were probably glad that their child had taken up gymnastics rather than an outdoor sport!
Saturday saw the regional final of these grades at Ipswich.
A total of 34 gymnasts had qualified through to the final, and the Marriotts' girls put in strong performances.
Todd and Lam-Richardson both improved on their county scores scoring 60.20 and 61.05, finishing 19th and 13th respectively.
Davis-Jones put in another good performance to finish fourth overall with a score of 62.650.
And but for a very small fault in her conditioning routine, she might even have finished in the medals.