Carr steps into the Stevenage hotseat
Dave Carr is the new first XI skipper at Stevenage Cricket Club. The opening batsman/wicketkeeper is a product of the club s youth policy and has been a regular first teamer for the last five seasons. Since the conception of Hertfordshire s single league
Dave Carr is the new first XI skipper at Stevenage Cricket Club.
The opening batsman/wicketkeeper is a product of the club's youth policy and has been a regular first teamer for the last five seasons.
Since the conception of Hertfordshire's single league structure in 1994, Stevenage are the only club to play in the county's top division every season.
Carr (pictured left) is now being given the opportunity to push the club to promotion to the Home Counties Regional League Division One.
He said: "The club has several youth players who could push for first team selection within a couple of years.
"Our aim is to get promotion as soon as possible so that the club and these youngsters can play at the highest level of club cricket."
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 3 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 7 Stevenage make Danny Rose their fourth signing of the summer
- 8 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
Club nets for over-16s are at Shephall Leisure Centre on Saturday mornings at 10am. All newcomers are welcome.
Other Stevenage captains this season are Simon Roberts (second XI), Ben Leet (third XI), Phil Ashby (fourth XI) and Richard Burling is their Academy manager.