Carl Williams appointed assistant manager
HITCHIN Town legend and current club captain Carl Williams has been appointed as the new assistant manager of the BGB (Southern) League club. Williams, who is 31 and has made almost 400 appearances in three spells at the club, takes up the position left v
HITCHIN Town legend and current club captain Carl Williams has been appointed as the new assistant manager of the BGB (Southern) League club.
Williams, who is 31 and has made almost 400 appearances in three spells at the club, takes up the position left vacant by Mick Brooks last month.
Speaking about the new appointment, manager Darran Hay told the club's website: "Charlie is the senior member of the squad, is widely respected and is an honest player who always holds his hands up when he needs to.
"His role has been growing for the past few weeks and he has helped to look at players and work with myself and Rob Keiser (The Canaries' first team coach) to identify where we need to strengthen our team."
You may also want to watch:
Williams' new role is the latest in a series of changes of personnel at the club in recent weeks as part of Hay's purge at Top Field.
Seven players have left the club in the past ten days, the latest of which was Luke Gregson who was released on Monday.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts