Caribbean feel to Cricket Week
The weather looks to be matching the theme for the Cricket Week at Knebworth Park. It starts on Monday afternoon and has a strong Caribbean flavour this year. There will be a steel band and promotion of St Lucia for next year s World Cup in a 15/15 over c
The weather looks to be matching the theme for the Cricket Week at Knebworth Park.
It starts on Monday afternoon and has a strong Caribbean flavour this year.
There will be a steel band and promotion of St Lucia for next year's World Cup in a 15/15 over competition, starting at midday, where the visitors are local clubs Codicote, Datchworth and Tewin.
The St Lucia Tourist Board will be staging a promotion on the World Cup and the fantastic opportunities of staying on the island where England will be based.
There will be various giveaways and literature about both St Lucia and the World Cup, plus a free prize draw for the day.
More Caribbean fare will also be on offer in a day that will be raising funds for Roger Mahoney as well. He played cricket for both the Park and Datchworth, and recently suffered severe head injuries when attacked in an incident in Knebworth.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 6 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 9 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
The Park is also staging a ladies' match on Tuesday evening and colts matches. This is as well as the traditional fixtures against the club's Chairman's XI on Tuesday (11.30am), Roving Reporters on Wednesday (2pm), Wraysbury on Thursday (11.30am) and then the week's showpiece game on Friday against the Hugh Bateson XI for the Frank Manning Memorial Trophy.