Blueharts Hockey Club raising money in memory of Luke Hobson
- Credit: BLUEHARTS HC
Blueharts Hockey Club will remember one of their own when they undertake a charity challenge - and they are encouraging others to take part.
Luke Hobson was a junior at the Hitchin-based club but died in a tragic training accident.
This Sunday marks the two-year anniversary of that and his team-mates, club-mates and friends will be walking or running two miles or more to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
They played such an important role in getting Luke to hospital on the night of the accident.
As well as raising valuable funds for the EAAA, the event will be an opportunity for members to take time to remember Luke and reflect, whilst being together in spirit.
Blueharts' Nicky Turnbull said: "We are encouraging members of all ages and their families to get involved - wearing Blueharts kit and sharing photographs on the way.
"Please remember to adhere to social-distancing rules, only exercising with your family, bubble or as pairs from different households.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
"Hopefully you will see other Blueharts taking part on your walk but please remember not to congregate in groups."
There are two ways to donate.
Either text LUKE to 70085, this will cost £5 plus a standard-rate message, or visit the JustGiving page.
Members are encouraged to donate a match fee or more.