Blueharts Hockey Club raising money in memory of Luke Hobson
- Credit: BLUEHARTS HC
Blueharts Hockey Club will remember one of their own when they undertake a charity challenge - and they are encouraging others to take part.
Luke Hobson was a junior at the Hitchin-based club but died in a tragic training accident.
This Sunday marks the two-year anniversary of that and his team-mates, club-mates and friends will be walking or running two miles or more to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
They played such an important role in getting Luke to hospital on the night of the accident.
As well as raising valuable funds for the EAAA, the event will be an opportunity for members to take time to remember Luke and reflect, whilst being together in spirit.
Blueharts' Nicky Turnbull said: "We are encouraging members of all ages and their families to get involved - wearing Blueharts kit and sharing photographs on the way.
"Please remember to adhere to social-distancing rules, only exercising with your family, bubble or as pairs from different households.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
"Hopefully you will see other Blueharts taking part on your walk but please remember not to congregate in groups."
There are two ways to donate.
Either text LUKE to 70085, this will cost £5 plus a standard-rate message, or visit the JustGiving page.
Members are encouraged to donate a match fee or more.