Brown and Webb hit trebles
North and Mid Herts Football League Only two games – both in the Division One North – survived Saturday s terrible wet weather. There was a nine-goal thriller at Kimpton Rovers Res as City Hearts won 5-4. Gareth Brown scored a hat-trick and Jamie Sloane t
North and Mid Herts Football League
Only two games - both in the Division One North - survived Saturday's terrible wet weather.
There was a nine-goal thriller at Kimpton Rovers Res as City Hearts won 5-4.
Gareth Brown scored a hat-trick and Jamie Sloane the other two for City Hearts.
Tony Webb also scored a hat-trick and Ross Ward one for Kimpton in reply but it was not enough to earn a point.
AFC Santos won by the odd goal in three against a much changed Westwell side.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 New opening date for Stevenage Geek Retreat
- 3 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 4 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 5 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 6 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 7 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 8 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: postbox toppers appear for celebrations
- 10 Letchworth Outdoor Pool suffers two break-ins ahead of opening
In a poor match due to a pitch just about passed fit, both teams struggled to play any football.
With the heavy pitch and high winds, the ball spent a lot of time out of play.
AFC Santos took the lead from an unlikely source, reserve right winger Ben Holloway heading home from only a yard out to beat the keeper and a defender.
Just before half time, Westwell got back on level terms with a goal from one of their new signings, Rick Phillips.
In the second half, it was mainly AFC Santos pressure as they bombarded the Westwell goal.
The winner came via another unlikely source, defensive midfielder Russell Perrett scoring his first ever for the club.
Saturday, November 25
Greg Cup second round: St Ippolyts v Magnum (off).
Premier Division: Baldock Town v Colney Heath (off), Whitwell v Woolmer Green (off).
Division One North: Bedwell Rangers Res v Wilbury Wanderers (off), Benington v Fairlands (off), Kimpton Rovers Res 4 City Hearts 5, Westwell 1 AFC Santos 2, Woolmer Green Res v Baldock Town Res (off).
Saturday, December 2
Premier Division: Kings Sports Res v Magnum, St Ippolyts v Whitwell Village, Woolmer Green v Baldock Town. Division One North: Benington v Baldock Town Res, City Hearts v Bedwell Rangers Res, Codicote v Woolmer Green Res, Fairlands v AFC Santos, Westwell v Kimpton Rovers Res.