Brothers building relations in Spain
Two Arlesey brothers played for the Liverpool supporters team in a match against their counterparts from Atletico Madrid in Spain. This was at the Atletico Madrid Academy grounds in Madrid where Fernando Torres learned his trade. Daniel and Adam Brown pu
Two Arlesey brothers played for the Liverpool supporters' team in a match against their counterparts from Atletico Madrid in Spain.
This was at the Atletico Madrid Academy grounds in Madrid where Fernando Torres learned his trade.
Daniel and Adam Brown put in good performances, watched from the stand by several other Liverpool supporters, and which was played the day before the main Champions League match between Atletico and Liverpool.
Although the more experienced Atletico Madrid side took their chances to win 6-2 in the end, both Liverpool goals were long-range strikes from the brothers.
You may also want to watch:
Adam scored from a free-kick in the first half and Daniel netted midway through the second half to complete the family double!
The Browns said: "The Atletico supporters were excellent hosts and as well as handing over gifts, they provided food and drinks at their local bar. This friendship continued over to the main match, where the supporters continually applauded each other at the end of the match.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?