Boys part of the Elite
There was further success for the boys from Marriotts Gym Club in the Elite Grades final in Newcastle recently. All of the boys had qualified for the national finals via the regional championships a few weeks ago. Daniel Gardner and Sebastian Jaunzens wer
There was further success for the boys from Marriotts Gym Club in the Elite Grades final in Newcastle recently.
All of the boys had qualified for the national finals via the regional championships a few weeks ago.
Daniel Gardner and Sebastian Jaunzens were both in action.
Daniel was one of only two gymnasts to qualify for the under-12 age group finals from the Eastern Region.
This meant that they were unable to compete as a team as a minimum of four gymnasts is required. But he put in some great performances on all apparatus against some of the top young gymnasts in the country.
Sebastian competed in the under-10 year finals and also put in some fine displays with all of his scores contributing to the overall team bronze medal for the Eastern Region.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 3 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 4 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 5 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 6 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 7 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 8 Hitchin widower's wing walk in wife's memory
- 9 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
- 10 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
The club's youngest gymnast at the finals was Alex Carrier in the primary four competition.
He was a member of the Eastern Region team that narrowly missed out on a medal, finishing fourth overall.
The boys will be competing in the London Open competition this weekend, one of the largest open events in the whole country.