Hitchin Town were well beaten in their latest league match of the season against Letchworth Garden City last Thursday. In the second of their two home fixtures, Hitchin failed to find form as they slumped to a 38-shot defeat (21-59). Rink one: S Hearne, N
Hitchin Town were well beaten in their latest league match of the season against Letchworth Garden City last Thursday.
In the second of their two home fixtures, Hitchin failed to find form as they slumped to a 38-shot defeat (21-59).
Rink one: S Hearne, N Webb, G Munge, L Lane lost 12-30. Rink two: G Williams, J Porter, M Wadsworth, A Cook lost 9-29.
Hitchin visited Dunstable to play Kingsbury Bowls Club for Saturday's friendly fixture.
You may also want to watch:
On a hard and fast green, Hitchin competed well but lost heavily on one rink, tipping the balance to the hosts by 10 shots (73-83). The winning rink for Hitchin was John Porter, Gilbert Cox, Gerald Billingham and Les Lane.
Rink two: J Porter, G Cox, G Billingham, L Lane won 24-18. Rink three: R Spooner, D Conder, G Leuty, I Page drew 21-21. Rink four: P Davey, N MacLeod, M Wadsworth, A Hill lost 14-16. Rink five: J Fortune, N Webb, R Cole, A Cook lost 14-28.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
Hitchin's midweek bowlers lost at home to Letchworth's Howard Garden but won away at Steeple Morden.
Hitchin went down by 15 shots (52-67) last Tuesday.
Rink one: Anne Marsden, N MacLeod, Joan Dyer lost 10-17. Rink two: Pam Bamfield, S Wheatley, K Porter lost 8-21. Rink three: S Hearne, R Parker, Diane Porter won 16-11. Rink four: Ruby Males, B Marsden, John Bearman drew 18-18.
They beat Steeple Morden by 16 shots (70-54) last Thursday.
Rink two: Joan Squires, John Dyer, Diane Porter won 23-7. Rink three: Ruby Males, N MacLeod, I Page won 21-15. Rink four: R Andrews, D Owens, G Leuty won 20-13. Rink five: K Porter, R Cole, Joan Dyer lost 6-19.