Hitchin Town were well beaten in their latest league match of the season against Letchworth Garden City last Thursday. In the second of their two home fixtures, Hitchin failed to find form as they slumped to a 38-shot defeat (21-59). Rink one: S Hearne, N
Hitchin Town were well beaten in their latest league match of the season against Letchworth Garden City last Thursday.
In the second of their two home fixtures, Hitchin failed to find form as they slumped to a 38-shot defeat (21-59).
Rink one: S Hearne, N Webb, G Munge, L Lane lost 12-30. Rink two: G Williams, J Porter, M Wadsworth, A Cook lost 9-29.
Hitchin visited Dunstable to play Kingsbury Bowls Club for Saturday's friendly fixture.
On a hard and fast green, Hitchin competed well but lost heavily on one rink, tipping the balance to the hosts by 10 shots (73-83). The winning rink for Hitchin was John Porter, Gilbert Cox, Gerald Billingham and Les Lane.
Rink two: J Porter, G Cox, G Billingham, L Lane won 24-18. Rink three: R Spooner, D Conder, G Leuty, I Page drew 21-21. Rink four: P Davey, N MacLeod, M Wadsworth, A Hill lost 14-16. Rink five: J Fortune, N Webb, R Cole, A Cook lost 14-28.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 3 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 7 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 8 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 9 Thousands set to bring out the bunting for Jubilee thanks to grant funding
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
Hitchin's midweek bowlers lost at home to Letchworth's Howard Garden but won away at Steeple Morden.
Hitchin went down by 15 shots (52-67) last Tuesday.
Rink one: Anne Marsden, N MacLeod, Joan Dyer lost 10-17. Rink two: Pam Bamfield, S Wheatley, K Porter lost 8-21. Rink three: S Hearne, R Parker, Diane Porter won 16-11. Rink four: Ruby Males, B Marsden, John Bearman drew 18-18.
They beat Steeple Morden by 16 shots (70-54) last Thursday.
Rink two: Joan Squires, John Dyer, Diane Porter won 23-7. Rink three: Ruby Males, N MacLeod, I Page won 21-15. Rink four: R Andrews, D Owens, G Leuty won 20-13. Rink five: K Porter, R Cole, Joan Dyer lost 6-19.