Letchworth Garden City off to a storming start in Stevenage & District Mixed Bowls League
- Credit: DAVID DAVIES/PA
The Stevenage & District Mixed Bowls League is now in full swing and it has been a great start for Letchworth Garden City.
They sit top of the pile with 22 points from a possible 24, including a thumping 71-28 success at Datchworth on Sunday, with all three skips winning.
Andy Hodgson led the top rink 26-9 closely followed by Haidee Castle (21-8) and Ian Snowdon (24-11).
Saturday's victory saw Three Horseshoes beaten 59-36, Paul Billson and Snowdon winning on their rinks.
Riverain are currently second in the table with Howard Garden third.
They played each other on Saturday at the Hitchin-based club, the hosts coming out on top in a narrow 58-54 success.
Howard Garden were victorious on Sunday though as they hosted Aston, recording a convincing 68-25 win.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
The top rink was that of Rose Dowsett, David Weemys and Ray Bloomfield who won by 40 shots to four.