Letchworth Garden City off to a storming start in Stevenage & District Mixed Bowls League
- Credit: DAVID DAVIES/PA
The Stevenage & District Mixed Bowls League is now in full swing and it has been a great start for Letchworth Garden City.
They sit top of the pile with 22 points from a possible 24, including a thumping 71-28 success at Datchworth on Sunday, with all three skips winning.
Andy Hodgson led the top rink 26-9 closely followed by Haidee Castle (21-8) and Ian Snowdon (24-11).
Saturday's victory saw Three Horseshoes beaten 59-36, Paul Billson and Snowdon winning on their rinks.
Riverain are currently second in the table with Howard Garden third.
They played each other on Saturday at the Hitchin-based club, the hosts coming out on top in a narrow 58-54 success.
Howard Garden were victorious on Sunday though as they hosted Aston, recording a convincing 68-25 win.
- 1 GP surgery blamed for young cancer victim's late diagnosis
- 2 Stevenage has 'no money left' for new special needs children, says council
- 3 Appeal after dog attack in Stevenage park
- 4 Community fieldwalking to uncover Hitchin's Roman ruins hailed 'huge success'
- 5 Woman taken to hospital after medical incident in town centre
- 6 Still no justice for paramedic killed in 2018 crash
- 7 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 8 Two schools' birthday celebrations can finally go ahead
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Revealed: Stevenage pantomime cast members announced for Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
The top rink was that of Rose Dowsett, David Weemys and Ray Bloomfield who won by 40 shots to four.