Bowls round-up: Cup runs continue and end for Letchworth
- Credit: DAVID DAVIES/PA
Letchworth Garden City Bowls Club had two big cup dates to keep them entertained - with mixed success in both.
The club's men advanced to the semi-final of the Letchworth & District Cairns Cup with an 82-59 win over Datchworth, three of the four rinks resulting in victories.
Paul Billson, Andy Hodgson and Christopher Ottaway were the winning skips.
However, they exited the Stevenage & District Mixed League Knockout Cup in the last four, beaten 75-61 by St Ippolyts with rink wins for skips Ian Snowdon and Andy Hodgson.
Datchworth also lost in the East Herts League Ranson Cup, 50-25 to Welwyn Garden City, but their Green team did get some cup success after a double-header with Hertford.
They had lost the Welwyn Hatfield League match earlier in the week 31-25 but they turned it around when the two clashed in the WHBL Jubilee Cup, securing a 59-31 win.
Both rinks were successful by big scores with the top rink prize going to Graham Akers, Andrew Phillips, Derek Henley and Jim Smith.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
Howard Garden meanwhile played three friendly matches, losing 37-18 away to Fairfield before defeats to Letchworth Conservative Club (62-43) and Whitethorn (59 -37).