Bowls round-up: Cup runs continue and end for Letchworth
- Credit: DAVID DAVIES/PA
Letchworth Garden City Bowls Club had two big cup dates to keep them entertained - with mixed success in both.
The club's men advanced to the semi-final of the Letchworth & District Cairns Cup with an 82-59 win over Datchworth, three of the four rinks resulting in victories.
Paul Billson, Andy Hodgson and Christopher Ottaway were the winning skips.
However, they exited the Stevenage & District Mixed League Knockout Cup in the last four, beaten 75-61 by St Ippolyts with rink wins for skips Ian Snowdon and Andy Hodgson.
Datchworth also lost in the East Herts League Ranson Cup, 50-25 to Welwyn Garden City, but their Green team did get some cup success after a double-header with Hertford.
They had lost the Welwyn Hatfield League match earlier in the week 31-25 but they turned it around when the two clashed in the WHBL Jubilee Cup, securing a 59-31 win.
Both rinks were successful by big scores with the top rink prize going to Graham Akers, Andrew Phillips, Derek Henley and Jim Smith.
- 1 'No action' after sports pavilions demolished
- 2 Bag a bargain for charity! £1.50 per kilo at air ambulance warehouse sale
- 3 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 4 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 5 Can you help golf star Jack on his professional journey?
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 8 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 9 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 10 Standalone Farm to reopen with host of activities in time for half term
Howard Garden meanwhile played three friendly matches, losing 37-18 away to Fairfield before defeats to Letchworth Conservative Club (62-43) and Whitethorn (59 -37).