Bowls round-up: Baldock Town enjoy national and county success
- Credit: DAVID DAVIES/PA
There were plenty of celebrations for Baldock Town Bowls Club as a number of players advanced in national and county competitions.
The club's B team won in the National Two Fours, beating Potten End 26-25 on an extra end.
The result went the other way, however, in the County 10 as they lost 71-70 at home to Garston, winning the pairs with Joe Moorley and Jamie Claydon and the triples with Martin Roberts, Darren Hickin and Paul Andrews but losing in the singles and the fours.
In the other county competitions, Matt Hayzeldean won in round two of the Unbadged Singles while in the fourth round of the pairs there were victories for Darren Hickin and Andrews as well as Moorley and Claydon.
Sam Andrews and Roberts lost though as did Aaron Heath in the County Singles.
Datchworth earned a narrow 47-44 win over Aston in the Stevenage & District Mixed Bowls League.
They won two of the three rinks, coming back late on. The winning rinks were that of Annette Hutchinson, Burt Edwards and Steve Arnold with the other involving Ann Edwards, Richard Harper and Neil Mean.
- 1 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 2 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 7 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 8 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
- 9 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 10 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
Howard Garden held their club triples competition this week with Katherine Graham, David Weemys and David Grant taking the honours.