Two members of Richard s Trampoline Club represented the club at the national grade one competition in Harrow. And team-mate Michael Dodson represented Great Britain at the European Double Mini Trampoline (DMT) competition over in Metz, France. Elliot Str
Two members of Richard's Trampoline Club represented the club at the national grade one competition in Harrow.
And team-mate Michael Dodson represented Great Britain at the European Double Mini Trampoline (DMT) competition over in Metz, France.
Elliot Stratton was hoping to qualify for the national championships in July and to do this he needed to reach the qualifying mark on both of his routines.
He had problems during his compulsory set routine, so missed the qualifying mark here by just 0.3.
But he then went on to successfully complete a good voluntary routine, using his highest difficulty level yet at national level.
He easily reached the qualifying mark here and finished in third place.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
This was a fantastic achievement in his first year at grade one and already he has firmly secured his place at this level next year.
This was Lauren Jones' first time at grade one, having qualified just a few weeks ago. Her astonishing progress this year can be measured by the fact she was competing at grade three back in January.
She was cautious and reduced her height considerably, which greatly affected the shaping and kick outs on her somersaults.
Her marks were below what she is capable of but she scored enough to remain at grade one next year.
Dodson was representing GB for DMT individually and in the junior team event at the Europeans.
He completed a good first pass, but on his second pass he was on the wrong leg at take off so scored nought. This greatly affected his overall score so he did not make it through to the final.
In the team event, Michael did well, but someone else in the team scored nought which had a big impact on their overall score.