Boro sign biggest ever sponsorship
STEVENAGE Boro has signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the club s history. The deal will be officially announced today (Thursday) at a special press conference at the club s Broadhall Way ground. But we can exclusively reveal that the partnership with
STEVENAGE Boro has signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the club's history.
The deal will be officially announced today (Thursday) at a special press conference at the club's Broadhall Way ground.
But we can exclusively reveal that the partnership with a local company will last two years and be worth in excess of £100,000.
It will give Boro one of the most lucrative sponsorship contracts in the Nationwide Conference, and has been eagerly awaited during the past few weeks by fans.
Behind the scenes the club has been holding lengthy talks with the company which is run by two brothers.
After clinching the contract Boro commercial manager Clive Abrey talked about what it will mean for the club.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 7 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 8 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
"This is the biggest sponsorship deal in the club's history," said Mr Abrey
"The deal is worth more than six figures and the club will benefit greatly from being associated with this company.
"The contract is for two years and will include bonuses if the club is successful.
"When we went looking for a new sponsor we spoke to a number of companies but all along we felt the one we have chosen was right for the club.
"We liked what we heard from them and they liked what they heard from us and I am sure our link with them will be for a long time.
"This sponsorship puts the club on a very firm financial footing."
To find out more about the fanastic deal log on to the Comet website at www.thecomet.net or Boro's official website