Blues test out leaders
Ladies football Arlesey Town Ladies put up a brave fight at leaders Sawbridgeworth before losing in extra-time in the league cup plate. Sawbo had only conceded nine goals in the league all season but the Blues scored twice in the first 90 minutes. The ti
Arlesey Town Ladies put up a brave fight at leaders Sawbridgeworth before losing in extra-time in the league cup plate.
Sawbo had only conceded nine goals in the league all season but the Blues scored twice in the first 90 minutes.
The tie was deadlocked at the break but Sawbo made the breakthrough on 54 minutes when Arlesey failed to clear a corner.
You may also want to watch:
Sawbo doubled their lead in the 75th minute and the tie seemed over.
Arlesey continued to press on and sub Kayleigh Saunders passed for Mia Price to score.
- 1 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 2 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 3 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 4 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 5 Vandals 'jump on car' causing damage in Letchworth
- 6 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 7 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 8 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 9 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 10 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
With only seconds left to play, a corner was cleared to Kim Burton and her looping shot was fumbled in by the keeper.
The Sawbo winner arrived just minutes from the end of the second period of extra-time.
It was a bitter blow for Arlesey but the ladies can feel proud of their efforts.
U10: Luton Town Belles 4 Hitchin Town Belles 0.
U11: Hitchin Town Belles 0 Tottenham Hotspur 5.
U13: Cambridge City 3 Hitchin Town Belles 0.