Blues fall to Swifts
Stourport Swifts 2 Arlesey Town 0 The Blues made the long trip to Stourport Swifts to fulfill the fixture that was a victim of the weather in early September. Matthew Clark and Lee Allen were not available due to work commitments for Tuesday night s 2-0 d
Stourport Swifts 2 Arlesey Town 0
The Blues made the long trip to Stourport Swifts to fulfill the fixture that was a victim of the weather in early September.
Matthew Clark and Lee Allen were not available due to work commitments for Tuesday night's 2-0 defeat.
Trailing by a single goal at the break, the second half got even worse for Arlesey as they failed to create one chance from open play.
Their failure to play through midfield gave the forwards little chance in chasing fruitless long balls against a well-drilled defence.
The visitors went behind in the 43rd minute when Gill got behind the defence to score from close range.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
Moments earlier it was Arlesey who should have taken the lead when Matthew Kimani chose to shoot from a narrow angle when a pass to Leon Gutzmore would have been the better option.
Jamie Osborne saw his effort rebound off keeper Evans to safety in what was an even first half with little goalmouth action.
The second and decisive goal came in the 63rd minute when despite having two chances to clear, Darby was allowed to punt the ball into the net.
Blues: Peat, Beaumont, Brown, Moran, Dillnutt, Gutzmore, Beale, Case, Francis, Osborne, Kimani. Subs: Pringle, Miah.