Blues fall to Swifts
Stourport Swifts 2 Arlesey Town 0 The Blues made the long trip to Stourport Swifts to fulfill the fixture that was a victim of the weather in early September. Matthew Clark and Lee Allen were not available due to work commitments for Tuesday night s 2-0 d
Stourport Swifts 2 Arlesey Town 0
The Blues made the long trip to Stourport Swifts to fulfill the fixture that was a victim of the weather in early September.
Matthew Clark and Lee Allen were not available due to work commitments for Tuesday night's 2-0 defeat.
Trailing by a single goal at the break, the second half got even worse for Arlesey as they failed to create one chance from open play.
You may also want to watch:
Their failure to play through midfield gave the forwards little chance in chasing fruitless long balls against a well-drilled defence.
The visitors went behind in the 43rd minute when Gill got behind the defence to score from close range.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 7 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 8 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
Moments earlier it was Arlesey who should have taken the lead when Matthew Kimani chose to shoot from a narrow angle when a pass to Leon Gutzmore would have been the better option.
Jamie Osborne saw his effort rebound off keeper Evans to safety in what was an even first half with little goalmouth action.
The second and decisive goal came in the 63rd minute when despite having two chances to clear, Darby was allowed to punt the ball into the net.
Blues: Peat, Beaumont, Brown, Moran, Dillnutt, Gutzmore, Beale, Case, Francis, Osborne, Kimani. Subs: Pringle, Miah.