Blues fall to Swifts
Stourport Swifts 2 Arlesey Town 0 The Blues made the long trip to Stourport Swifts to fulfill the fixture that was a victim of the weather in early September. Matthew Clark and Lee Allen were not available due to work commitments for Tuesday night s 2-0 d
Stourport Swifts 2 Arlesey Town 0
The Blues made the long trip to Stourport Swifts to fulfill the fixture that was a victim of the weather in early September.
Matthew Clark and Lee Allen were not available due to work commitments for Tuesday night's 2-0 defeat.
Trailing by a single goal at the break, the second half got even worse for Arlesey as they failed to create one chance from open play.
You may also want to watch:
Their failure to play through midfield gave the forwards little chance in chasing fruitless long balls against a well-drilled defence.
The visitors went behind in the 43rd minute when Gill got behind the defence to score from close range.
- 1 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school
Moments earlier it was Arlesey who should have taken the lead when Matthew Kimani chose to shoot from a narrow angle when a pass to Leon Gutzmore would have been the better option.
Jamie Osborne saw his effort rebound off keeper Evans to safety in what was an even first half with little goalmouth action.
The second and decisive goal came in the 63rd minute when despite having two chances to clear, Darby was allowed to punt the ball into the net.
Blues: Peat, Beaumont, Brown, Moran, Dillnutt, Gutzmore, Beale, Case, Francis, Osborne, Kimani. Subs: Pringle, Miah.