Blues draw local derby
Arlesey Town drew 1-1 at home to local rivals Barton Rovers in Saturday s pre-season friendly. The first half finished goalless with Arlesey shot-shy and Barton wide of the mark. The Blues looked for one pass too many in front of goal and wasted some good
Arlesey Town drew 1-1 at home to local rivals Barton Rovers in Saturday's pre-season friendly.
The first half finished goalless with Arlesey shot-shy and Barton wide of the mark.
The Blues looked for one pass too many in front of goal and wasted some good opportunities to take the lead, while Rovers broke quickly on several occasions but failed to test Jack Rashid in goal.
In the second half the pattern was much the same until 20 minutes in.
Martin Williams was alleged to have been brought down just inside the penalty area and Craig Rydeheard stroked the ball home to give the Blues the lead.
Arlesey were unlucky not to extend their lead when a header thumped against the bar.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 7 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
The match was levelled when Barton themselves were awarded a penalty which was duly struck home.
Then Rashid did well to save a close range diving header and Barton could have had a second penalty for a clumsy challenge.
Arlesey looked good at the back in their pre-season friendlies but the frontline will have to prove their worth when the Blues travel to Potters Bar in the Ryman League Division One North this Saturday.