Blueharts thrash Winchmore Hill
- Credit: Archant
On a Saturday that saw Blueharts enjoy seven wins with the men’s section undefeated, the best of the bunch was the 11-1 victory of the men’s 3rds away to Winchmore Hill and Enfield to put them fourth in Division 4SW.
Four goals from Ashley Hammond in addition to a Lachlan Cotter hat-trick, two from Tom Wallis and one apiece from Nathan James and Kyle Watson helped them to the huge victory.
The men’s 1sts won 3-1 on home soil against Havering, raising them to fourth in Premier B.
Despite having a few key players unavailable this week, most notably Alex Hubbard who was playing in the Futures Cup, it was a demonstration of their strength in depth.
A move down the right found Danny Fair in space in the D and he was able to find Toby MacCormack who flicked the ball into the top corner for his debut goal.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors equalised early in the second half but Blueharts worked their way back into the game and a ball from Richard Julian was played into Ed Atkins and he put it away.
In the final minutes a counter-attack saw Richard Middleditch chip the ball over the keeper to be volleyed in by Adam Wells to seal the win.
- 1 Plans for new block of flats on Matalan site gets green light
- 2 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 3 'Please just give us the COVID-19 vaccine,' pleads headteacher as schools reopen
- 4 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 5 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 6 Body found in search for missing woman
- 7 International Women's Day: A homage to those who have inspired us this year
- 8 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 9 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
- 10 Missing Stevenage teen found
The 2nds drew 1-1 at City of Peterborough with Dan Drew scoring while the 4ths moved into second in Division 5SW as goals from Paul Graves, Tim Sporle and Keith Noble helped them to three points against Stevenage.
The 5ths faced Harpenden at home. Jag Jhutty netted a brace before half-time, both slapped in from the edge of the D. Dave Fleckney also scored in a 3-0 win.
The 6ths posted an 8-0 victory against Rickmansworth to remain top of Division 8SW. Scoring were Tom Jackson and Paul Krishman both with hat-tricks plus Charlie Macdonald and Mark Russell.
The ladies’ 1sts beat West Herts to move fourth in East Division 2SW.
A shot by Harriet Marsh was scooped up over the keeper by Kate Chapman to put Blueharts into the lead but the visitors hit back for 1-1.
A fantastic one-on-one save by keeper Jessica Miles prevented West Herts from converting another goal before Blueharts went 2-1 up from a short corner in which Harriet Marsh lifted the ball to be slotted into the goal mid-air by Tamsin White.
Molly Kerr-Barr produced an impressive roll out from the top of the D smashing the ball into the net to make it 3-1 before Herts hit another for a final score of 3-2.
The 2nds lost 1-0 at Saffron Walden and 3rds lost 6-0 to Tring. The 4ths fought back from 2-0 down to beat Hertford 5-3 with goals from Gina Joseph (two), Louise Kenyon, Anna Wallace and Hannah McPherson.