Blueharts stay fourth
Blueharts scored three without reply at home to Ipswich seconds in the Premier A Division. Harts are now three points clear in fourth place with just two matches remaining after Easter. Letchworth first team will be hoping for a favour from their seconds
Blueharts scored three without reply at home to Ipswich seconds in the Premier A Division.
Harts are now three points clear in fourth place with just two matches remaining after Easter.
Letchworth first team will be hoping for a favour from their seconds in their efforts to win the league.
They remain second in Division Two South and must now rely on the second XI getting a draw or beating Wapping seconds when they clash at Whitethorn Lane on April 5.
This was despite the firsts thrashing Southend 11-1 with hat-tricks from Scott Aps and Ian Heywood, plus goals from Robbie Balsom (two), Dave Gentry, Tom Butler and Chris Wharton.
The seconds won by the odd goal in three against their Bishop's Stortford counterparts thanks to James Keel and Ian Crosse.
- 1 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 2 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 7 Audi driver in his 20s killed in crash with lorry on A507 near Shefford
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 10 The history behind two Stevenage public murals - one at Primark - now protected with listed status
The thirds also became Division Five South West champions after beating Berkhamsted seconds 3-1.
Ben Abbott, Marc Bozdogan and James Badcock scored the goals.
Other scores: Letchworth IV 1 (Kevin Smith) Cheshunt II 3; Potters Bar II 2 Letchworth VI 0.
Stevenage won by the odd goal in three against Blueharts thirds
Their scorers were Gary Brown and Andy Blaxill.
The seconds were beaten 4-1 by Bishop's Stortford thirds with Scott Davies scoring a consolation.
Other scores: Stevenage III 0 Welwyn GC II 9; Stevenage IV 4 (Ian Brown two, Simon Russell, Nick Russell) Vauxhall II 4; Stevenage V 1 (Danny Farnan) Hertford IV 0; Stevenage VI 2 (Ray Blaxill, Tom Woolley) West Hampstead VII 4.
MBDA narrowly scraped a difficult draw away to relegation certainties Broxbourne fifths.
They took the lead midway through the half as Paul Lawman again came up trumps with an excellent shot from a short corner.
Broxbourne sneaked an equaliser, again from a short corner, just before the break. MBDA had their backs to the wall in the second half but held out despite playing the last five minutes with only 10 men due to an injury.