Blueharts stay fourth
Blueharts scored three without reply at home to Ipswich seconds in the Premier A Division. Harts are now three points clear in fourth place with just two matches remaining after Easter. Letchworth first team will be hoping for a favour from their seconds
Blueharts scored three without reply at home to Ipswich seconds in the Premier A Division.
Harts are now three points clear in fourth place with just two matches remaining after Easter.
Letchworth first team will be hoping for a favour from their seconds in their efforts to win the league.
They remain second in Division Two South and must now rely on the second XI getting a draw or beating Wapping seconds when they clash at Whitethorn Lane on April 5.
You may also want to watch:
This was despite the firsts thrashing Southend 11-1 with hat-tricks from Scott Aps and Ian Heywood, plus goals from Robbie Balsom (two), Dave Gentry, Tom Butler and Chris Wharton.
The seconds won by the odd goal in three against their Bishop's Stortford counterparts thanks to James Keel and Ian Crosse.
- 1 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 2 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 3 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Stevenage happy with performance and result against 10-man Crystal Palace
- 7 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 8 £50 supermarket vouchers available to help families entitled to free school meals
- 9 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 10 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
The thirds also became Division Five South West champions after beating Berkhamsted seconds 3-1.
Ben Abbott, Marc Bozdogan and James Badcock scored the goals.
Other scores: Letchworth IV 1 (Kevin Smith) Cheshunt II 3; Potters Bar II 2 Letchworth VI 0.
Stevenage won by the odd goal in three against Blueharts thirds
Their scorers were Gary Brown and Andy Blaxill.
The seconds were beaten 4-1 by Bishop's Stortford thirds with Scott Davies scoring a consolation.
Other scores: Stevenage III 0 Welwyn GC II 9; Stevenage IV 4 (Ian Brown two, Simon Russell, Nick Russell) Vauxhall II 4; Stevenage V 1 (Danny Farnan) Hertford IV 0; Stevenage VI 2 (Ray Blaxill, Tom Woolley) West Hampstead VII 4.
MBDA narrowly scraped a difficult draw away to relegation certainties Broxbourne fifths.
They took the lead midway through the half as Paul Lawman again came up trumps with an excellent shot from a short corner.
Broxbourne sneaked an equaliser, again from a short corner, just before the break. MBDA had their backs to the wall in the second half but held out despite playing the last five minutes with only 10 men due to an injury.