Blueharts stay fourth
Blueharts scored three without reply at home to Ipswich seconds in the Premier A Division. Harts are now three points clear in fourth place with just two matches remaining after Easter. Letchworth first team will be hoping for a favour from their seconds
Blueharts scored three without reply at home to Ipswich seconds in the Premier A Division.
Harts are now three points clear in fourth place with just two matches remaining after Easter.
Letchworth first team will be hoping for a favour from their seconds in their efforts to win the league.
They remain second in Division Two South and must now rely on the second XI getting a draw or beating Wapping seconds when they clash at Whitethorn Lane on April 5.
You may also want to watch:
This was despite the firsts thrashing Southend 11-1 with hat-tricks from Scott Aps and Ian Heywood, plus goals from Robbie Balsom (two), Dave Gentry, Tom Butler and Chris Wharton.
The seconds won by the odd goal in three against their Bishop's Stortford counterparts thanks to James Keel and Ian Crosse.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 3 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 5 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 6 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 7 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 All change at Arlesey Town as chairman John Morrell is replaced by former Premier League striker
The thirds also became Division Five South West champions after beating Berkhamsted seconds 3-1.
Ben Abbott, Marc Bozdogan and James Badcock scored the goals.
Other scores: Letchworth IV 1 (Kevin Smith) Cheshunt II 3; Potters Bar II 2 Letchworth VI 0.
Stevenage won by the odd goal in three against Blueharts thirds
Their scorers were Gary Brown and Andy Blaxill.
The seconds were beaten 4-1 by Bishop's Stortford thirds with Scott Davies scoring a consolation.
Other scores: Stevenage III 0 Welwyn GC II 9; Stevenage IV 4 (Ian Brown two, Simon Russell, Nick Russell) Vauxhall II 4; Stevenage V 1 (Danny Farnan) Hertford IV 0; Stevenage VI 2 (Ray Blaxill, Tom Woolley) West Hampstead VII 4.
MBDA narrowly scraped a difficult draw away to relegation certainties Broxbourne fifths.
They took the lead midway through the half as Paul Lawman again came up trumps with an excellent shot from a short corner.
Broxbourne sneaked an equaliser, again from a short corner, just before the break. MBDA had their backs to the wall in the second half but held out despite playing the last five minutes with only 10 men due to an injury.