Blueharts scrape a draw
Blueharts scraped a draw at the weekend from fellow Herts team Bishop s Stortford. But for the discerning fan this East Hockey Premier League A game was no spectacle and was a stale low-paced match. Harts were disappointed with their performance and narro
Blueharts scraped a draw at the weekend from fellow Herts team Bishop's Stortford.
But for the discerning fan this East Hockey Premier League A game was no spectacle and was a stale low-paced match.
Harts were disappointed with their performance and narrowly avoided defeat. They were only saved by a controversial umpiring decision in the final minute of the game that would have seen Stortford grab their fifth win of the season.
Harts took an early lead through Adam Wells but failed to capitalise on an early lead and Stortford were 2-1 up at half time.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Buckland shone through in the second half by scoring two marvellous drag flicks with precision accuracy and power that left the opposition keeper with little chance of making the save.
This meant that the game was tied and although Harts, like in previous weeks, created enough chances to secure the victory, a series of missed opportunities left the door open for Stortford.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 9 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 10 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
Stortford scored with the last hit of the game, only for it to be disallowed.
It is a double header this weekend as Harts travel to Bedford on Saturday and will pit their wits against 'Widge' Buckland's President's XI on Sunday.
Letchworth won 1-0 at Braintree thanks to a goal from Dave Gentry.
And their seconds were 2-1 winners over their Broxbourne counterparts with goals from Mark Buzza and Ashley Brown.
Other scores: St Albans V 0 Letchworth III 4 (Marc Bozdogan two, James Keel two); Letchworth IV 0 Blueharts IV 0; Letchworth V 2 (Ken Hall, Nick Pye) Southgate Adelaide 3; Southgate Adelaide IV 5 Letchworth VI 0.
Stevenage's Gary Brown scored a hat-trick as his side won 5-2 at West Herts thirds.
Other goals came from Danny Blackburn and Tom Bruck.
But the second team went down 1-0 to Rickmansworth.
Other scores: Stevenage III 3 (Khalid Mehmood, Scott Davies, Mitch Snares) Bishop's Stortford V 6; Stevenage IV 2 (Ian Brown, Simon Russell) West Herts V 3; Stevenage V 0 Harpenden V 3.